TheOneRing.net: JRR Tolkien is like “I know a place” and it’s the same corner of the same pub every time https://t.co/hBaXoR81m2

TheOneRing.net: You could have chosen a different screenshot in a story about COVID https://t.co/OoSrtdXunl

TheOneRing.net: Now is the time to start reading Lord of the Rings. Grab a book, sit outside amongst nature and escape to Middle-ea… https://t.co/ucfhCVfy62

Saoirse Ronan talks ‘Hobbit’

February 14, 2011 at 9:29 am by Celeborn  -

In her first public statements about her rumored role in ‘The Hobbit,’ actress Saoirse Ronan told IrishTimes.com:

“No, nothing has actually been confirmed yet. I’d love to get a role in The Hobbit . I think everybody in the world would like a role in The Hobbit .”

It has been reported that Ms. Ronan is up for the rumored role of Itaril, a character created specifically for the two Hobbit films. Itaril is described as a Silvan Elf chosen to become part of the Woodland King’s Guard. Thanks to Ringer Merielle for the heads up, and click the link for the complete details. [Read More]

Posted in Casting Rumors, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit on February 14, 2011 by Source: IrishTimes.com Saoirse Ronan talks ‘Hobbit’ | Discuss
Thranduil Statue

15 responses to “Saoirse Ronan talks ‘Hobbit’”

1. Someanna says:

I was thinking that she couldn’t really fit anywhere in the puzzle of the story, so the rumor being false wasn’t too big of a surprise to me in the end. I wish her all good, I’m interested on how she will grow as an actress still.

2. Lalaleopard says:

I don’t get why they make such a mystery about it!?

Anyways, I know that everybody thinks she will be an Elf but I can totally see her playing Primula Brandybuck..she also has big blue eyes just like Elijah Wood, give her some curls and you’ll have a pretty & fun Hobbit girl. 🙂

3. lalaleopard says:

Also…can we have a new Poll regarding Saoirse Ronan? I would really love to see the results…

4. Home School says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want MORE Elijah/Frodo in the Hobbit films as well as Orlando Gandalf and so on….
    NOT some stupid hollywood brat no one has ever heard of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who’s casting for theses films????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Theres no dumb useless love story in the Hobbit!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Tolkien!!!!!!

5. Taylor says:

I think bottomline….who knows if she’ll actually end up being the movie or not….BUT if she is….she’s playing an Elf, no question. Very obvious.

6. Rjvavili says:

You purists annoy the hell out of me. I am sorry but the director’s job is to “adapt” the book into a film, not copy every thing. Whatever changes Jackson makes he is doing it with respect to Tolkien. He is merely bringing his own interpretation of Tolkien’s world into a different medium for other people to embrace.

7. Aprendasvega says:

Your right, no one has ever heard of her, she´s only been nominated for an academy award. You idiot, she´s a great actrees, and is for sure any role P. Jackson give her will be GREAT, and if you have read the book, you would know, Frodo, and Legolas can be in the movie, so stop crying, and if you don´t like it, then don´t wacth the movie…

8. Someanna says:

Though a director also must know that he shouldn’t take too much freedom on the adaptation so it won’t turn too much into a fanfic. I doubt anyone who knows the books really wants that.

9. Rjvavili says:

But a true fan will also know what works and what doesn’t work for the film. If you watch his interviews his “freedoms” are based on things that Tolkien wrote and trying to keep the spirit in. THere is no else who could have done a better job. If you look at the version that John Boorman was going to make, he was going to make more liberties by making Frodo and Galadriel fall in love. I don’t think this movie is a “fanfic.” A fanfic would put less care into the film and the look of the world of Middle-Earth. I am so glad that Tom Bombadil was not in the film, he was an unecessary equivalent to that of Jar Jar Binks.

10. Someanna says:

I get your point, but some of my friends in other sites are concerned of the rumours of Itaril being actually Legolas’s love interest, and they really don’t like pairing main characters with someone else such as you mentioned.

11. Rjvavili says:

I doubt she is going to be an elf. If anything it will probably be a cameo as Frodo’s mother. It is also possible that she could be a young Arwen but that is also very unlikely.

For the record, I strongly suspect that Film two will start after smaug dies. They will then add some bridge material before the climatic battle of the five armies. I assume Aragorn will be in the second film only. I am happy with that as long as it is not HIS story and it remains Bilbo’s.

12. Someanna says:

If anything, she would make a good Primula Brandybuck. Viggo is returning? I haven’t heard from this.

13. Rjvavili says:

I suspect that they will show Aragorn hunt gollum and he will probably take part in the siege of Dol Guldur. It was actually Jackson’s original idea to split the book into two films before Del Toro was directing. It was Del Toro’s idea to make The Hobbit a stand alone movie.

14. anon says:

PJ wasn’t this ‘ambitious’ with the LOTR. Maybe he has become so insane with his personal appearance makeover and Hollywood power syndrome he thinks he can get this chick to kill Smaug (don’t laugh)?
    And…where is Hugo Weaving? Before the money is shelled out for characters not in the book, maybe the bank account should be tallied to pay for those characters who actually are in the book? Or can he get Frodo, Galadriel and whoever cheaper than Hugo Weaving?