TheOneRing.net: Here is Obi-Wan himself saying LORD OF THE RINGS is a key inspiration for Star Wars https://t.co/J4b4YlfOWo

TheOneRing.net: Type the year you turned 10 into a GIF search https://t.co/RGq5iqeiW7 https://t.co/KqbAEn7dGC

TheOneRing.net: How do you reconcile this commonly held opinion with Tolkien's actual text in The Silmarillion & Unfinished Tales w… https://t.co/Qhi2Tdf5nx

$1 Million for a Cameo? Bloom Rumors (Monaghan Too)

January 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm by xoanon  -

Orlando Bloomtimesofindia.indiatimes.com and other sources (possibly all from the same source) are reporting that Orlando Bloom has asked, and will receive $1 Million dollars for his 2 minute cameo in the Hobbit Films. While we cannot confirm or deny this bombastic rumor, it begs an interesting question, how much is a possible 2 minute cameo worth?

The same article also makes a throwaway note about Dominic Monaghan joining the cast, lazy reporting or actual scoop? You Decide. Take a look at the article in question here.

Posted in Casting Rumors, Dominic Monaghan, Hobbit Movie, Orlando Bloom, The Hobbit on January 11, 2011 by

Thranduil Statue

12 responses to “$1 Million for a Cameo? Bloom Rumors (Monaghan Too)”

1. Wyrddesigns says:

As ridiculous as that might sound to some of us, I’m left wondering what sort of bonuses or residuals the actors may have garnered with the LOTR success. It could be this fee, if accurate, is meant to encompass a bonus for the previous success of LOTR + an actual appearance fee.

It’s from The Sun. I’d take it with a grain (ahem, whole shaker) of salt. I think it’s more likely that contract negotiations are hung up by scheduling, rather than money (like McKellan said in his blog about his contract).

3. Salleykerry says:

i was hoping for more than two minutes !!!

4. Guest says:

Come on. If they’re bringing back Legolas, you know he’ll have more than a two minute cameo. My guess is that he’ll captain the party that captures the Dwarves in Mirkwood, and show up in the Battle of Five Armies as well. Then it’ll be worth a $1mil.

Unless of course, he doesn’t want to put in that much time, since he and the wife just had a baby last week. Why hasn’t TORn reported that?

Sounds fake, I think Bloom’s cameo would be more than 2 minutes because I don’t see Jackson doing something that is essentially worthless…

6. Wilka26 says:

Well since they also say that the movie is coming out this year when it’s not coming til 2012, I say this article needs to check their information a little bit better

7. Wes says:

I don’t know about this one… it’s citing the never reliable Sun as its source and claims that the first film is coming out in December of this year. Didn’t the Sun also claim that Jedward was going to play Fili and Kili about a year and a half ago?

8. Mylasgalen says:

Please, let Legolas be more in these movies than 2 minutes!!! I don’t care how much it will cost it will worth it! The production budjet can afford more than that. Imagine all Orlando/Legolas fans coming to the theatre! I promise to take any innocent bystander I’ll meet on my way to buy the movie ticket! Just bring back Legolas (Orlando) for the role that has more screen time! He is my favorite character and The Prince Of Mirkwood just HAS TO be there! He couldn’t be absent during those events. Tolkien didn’t create him before he started working on LOTR but if lived longer he would’ve had written Legolas into the earlier events, I think. The character is just soo good! Please, Peter! Please, Orlando!!! Plus, Orlando can play Thranduil too! In the book it was said that they looked like each other so no need to bring another actor. 🙂 PLEASE!

9. The Red Avenger says:

I’d take this with a pinch of salt – it is The Sun after all. However I can see legolas having a larger part to play in the Battle of Five Armies – no reason why he shouldn’t be there

10. Alatarielle says:

well, they also say “The Hobbit: Part 1 is planned for release in December this year. ” which would actually be next year if I remember correctly, soooo, well, the Sun…

11. Me says:

Oh, please, Orlando! Be there more than 2 minutes! I need more Legolas in my life! 🙂 Mr. Jackson, tell him to come back, please! I miss that Perfect Elf and I was SO excited when it was said that the role will be bigger than just a cameo! And, Legolas is needed In the Battle of Five Armies! Also, he is needed near his father, the King! And, during those events when the Gollum was caught and guarded and then escaped. In fact, the more Legolas the better! 🙂