– looking towards the Rangitata river valley towards Mt Sunday (above right of right shoulder) from the Clearwater road.
– looking south from the Mount Sunday summit.
– looking east from the Mount Sunday summit – same as the view from the trailer (almost).
– looking east from the Mount Sunday summit – same as the view from the trailer (if I had a wide-angle lense!!!).
– looking west from the Mount Sunday summit – inc. trig station (which I scratched my name into of course!).
– looking north from the Mount Sunday summit – view of the car park built by the movie crew (in the process of being covered up).
– the trig station on the summit of Mount Sunday – vandalised by me on the dates shown… }8)
They have done a good job putting the place back to normal. The road they built up the back of the hill has either been removed or covered over with soil. The whole road is covered in grass seed and the odd tussock seedling. The wind however has other ideas so I wish them luck in getting anything to grow. The wind rips through that valley at a tremendous rate – I was picking grass seeds out of my teeth for a few days…