Greetings – Quickbeam here.
*BEWARE* The floodgates have opened and the deluge comes crashing forth! All you patient readers have waited long enough; the many new items in Green Books are sure to quench after such a lengthy drought. Our monthly update for March includes:
- A brand new Counterpoint by the lovely and incisive Anwyn. She takes the big plunge into deep waters in “Fate, Obedience, and Free Will.”
- A whopping sixteen new articles in Questions & Answers. Drown yourself in such arcane Tolkien facts as:
- What is the Secret Fire Gandalf claims to serve?
- Could Arwen have chosen immortality?
- What was that strange Forbidden Door in The Paths of the Dead?
- How extensive are the armies of Gondor?
- Why didn’t the Fellowship just fly on the Eagles straight to Mount Doom?
- The extraordinary trip into the Professor’s past continues in Shaun Spain’s “On the Tolkien Trail: Part Two” Find yourself in the heart of Oxford with a bevy of great photos.
- Swim through Moon Letters and take “The Tolkien Geek Test” – I’ll never admit what I scored on it! Also surf along waves of delightful new Poems, Essays, and over in the Fan Section you’ll find great new Wallpaper by my friend Mike Urban and others.
- Snorkel around the updates from Turgon’s and Quickbeam’s February Q&A. My answer about the Nazgul hating water is now much clearer.
Whew…! We hope you enjoy and remind you to watch out for the undertow. Stay tuned for a new “Out on a Limb” by yours truly and even sooner we’ll feature new Stump the Staff items that we deem the most perplexing of all.
Much too hasty,
P.S. I admit many people have written asking, “Hey, Quickie, where is that TATTOO you were going to get?” To which I reply, “Never fear. I have just postponed it a little, I promise it will still happen… Soon…”