In case you missed the news yesterday:
The folks over at Amazon.com have sent us the results from their Millenium Poll.
Amazon.com’s Millennium Poll received more than a quarter-million votes,which were used to create the definitive lists of the most popular works of the millennium. The books, CDs, and videos that secured a place on Amazon.com’s Millennium Poll lists reflect the breadth and depth of titles offered by the leading online retailer as well as the diverse tastes of its customers. Earth’s Biggest Selection is brought to life by all three lists, which demonstrate Amazon.com’s commitment to helping people discover books, CDs, and videos they’ll love…
…J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings topped the Books list and Tolkien received more total votes than any other author. Stephen King has the most books on the list (five) and is the most popular living author on the list…
…The top 10 books of the millennium, as chosen by Amazon.com customers, are:
2. Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee
4. Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
5. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
6. The Stand: Complete and Uncut, by Stephen King
7. Ulysses, by James Joyce
8. Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand
9. The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
10. 1984, by George Orwell
Check out the Amazon.com Poll here.