Rewrite Tolkien December contest
It’s time to announce December’s Rewrite Tolkien contest, where you, the fans, can rewrite your favorite passages or scenes in the style of a classic author. We will select a theme each month, and then it’s up to you to put your spin on it!
The theme for the month of December is:
The Hobbit as written by Charles Dickens
Our judges will read through all of your submissions, and choose the best of the bunch. The Grand Prize Winner will get their entry read live on TORn Book Club, as well as having it published here on TheOneRing.net. Two runners-up will have their stories posted here on TORn.
The December contest deadline is 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Monday, December 30th. Please be sure to read all of the submission guidelines below and submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Contest is open to individuals worldwide, age 13 and up at the time of entry.
- To avoid duplicate submissions, please include your name and location on all entries.
- To qualify, submissions must be a minimum of 500 words and maximum of 2000 words, feature characters from The Hobbit and be in the style of the author/genre for that month’s contest.
- All submissions should be emailed to mailto: email@example.com with the entry in the body of the email. No attachments.
- No posting your entry on the message boards or TORn’s Facebook page.
- No profanity. We realize that some authors’ styles require it, so if you MUST use profanity, please censor it with asterisks.
- By submitting, you are giving TORn permission to reproduce your entry on our website or other formats (Twitter, Facebook, etc…)
- Only one entry per person, and each entry may not be submitted more than once.
- Contestants are only eligible to win once in a 12 month period.
- Entries that do not follow these submission guidelines will not be considered for the contest.