Back to School with Green Books
Greetings Quickbeam here.
Its not officially autumn until youve stuck your nose in a book. So open up Green Books and enjoy our new features. Youll find all this more:
- Time to vote for a new President… will it be Gandalf or Saruman? Go Out on a Limb with me for a satirical look at American politics, Tolkien style.
- You ask, we tell. We have new Questions & Answers:
- Why is 13 an unlucky number in Middle-earth?
- How did Gandalf conceal Narya?
- Whats the origin of the word “Gollum”?
- Why did Aragorn dismiss the Army of the Dead?
All these and more can be found here.
- The remarkable Terry Pratchett (Discworld, Good Omens) pays Tribute to the wonder of Tolkien.
- Laugh out loud at our new song parodies over at Moon Letters! And of course theres essays… and poetry… and fiction…
- Look for new updates in red to previous Q&A articles.
Next month we provide a special Halloween edition of Green Books thats going to be full of surprises (and ghosts). Join us as we explore the WORDS and WORLD of Tolkien.
Much too hasty,Posted in Old Main News on October 2, 2000 by Cliff Quickbeam Broadway