TheOneRing.net: When WB wants to treat fans good they really go all out like when 100’s of Ringers went to New Zealand for The Hobb… https://t.co/iYcZBevWrM

TheOneRing.net: I'm now streaming on Twitch! Playing Talk Shows https://t.co/LWNHMc0YuD

Thranduil

August 30, 2012 at 5:34 am by Earl  -

Posted in on August 30, 2012 by
Daggers of Tauriel

10 responses to “Thranduil”

1. Lindsey says:

Frodo was Bilbo’s nephew. Not his cousin.

2. Adrianne says:

I love the look on Thranduil’s face. He looks like an Elf you do NOT want to mess with, which is the way I’ve always pictured him. I do wish the crown were more like the description in the book, more a twisting of branches with the fall leaves and berries. At least they put in the leaves. Overall, not bad. I think Lee Pace will play the Elvenking to the hilt and I am really looking forward to that. I’ve always found Thranduil to be one of the most intriguing of Tolkien’s characters.

3. White Lady says:

He looks awesome, but the crown has to go.

4. Jay Lundgreen says:

Looks amazing! So excitied!

5. lolz says:

*Legolas* “Father look out you have fuzzy Caterpillars on your face!”
    *Thranduil* “………..*sigh* …..those are my eyebrows……. ” I: (

6. Manwe says:

I was waiting to see what Thranduil looks like, one of my favorite elves, and here he is!!!
    Looks awesome!!!
    While the crown is different than it was in the books, I think it looks good!
    Thanks TheOneRing.net! 🙂

7. Melissa says:

They are actually cousins. Frodo just calls him Uncle because of the closeness of their relationship.

8. Baggins Genealogist says:

To get technical, Frodo is both Bilbo’s first cousin once removed and second cousin once removed. Frodo’s father Drogo Baggins was Bilbo’s second cousin, and Frodo’s mother Primula Brandybuck was Bilbo’s first cousin.

9. mixedfiction says:

I imagined the aura when I read the book, but I always found it hard to picture elves’ faces.

10. melaencoiamin says:

Yep, those eyebrows are really fuzzy. I wish they dyed them or something.
    *Legolas* “Ada (Father), your crown is backwards!”
    *Thranduil* “Legolas, go do your duties or I will make you go hunt the band of dwarves outside!”