Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 Line Party
Date(s) - 13/12/2012 - 14/12/2012
Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21
This Line Party will be focused on the first screening in the new HFR (48 frames per second) screening, on the RPX screen at 12:03am. I will be in the RPX theater once the film starts, but will host fun and game events for as many lines as possible. For events, there will be a Costume Contest, trivia and other games to keep fans of all ages occupied.
Here are some guidelines from the management team that runs the Irvine Spectrum Shopping Center.
- Regarding costumes: no masks or weapons are allowed.
- No sound amplifying systems of any kind are allowed – no radios, music players, megaphones, speakers, etc.
- Taking photographs and video are prohibited.
- No posting or displaying of signs.
- No distributing fliers or other materials in the common areas.
- Please be reminded that the Irvine Spectrum Center is a family center and we request that while on site the group be respectful and courteous to the fellow patrons, stores and restaurants. We additionally require that this courtesy be extended to the ISC Security and Irvine Police who will monitor the premise at all times. If any requests are made of the group by these officers, compliance is mandatory. Those individuals who are not in compliance risk being removed from the property.
- The Theater asks that no one line up prior to Noon on December 13 simply because they do not have the resources to manage a line any earlier than that. If you arrive earlier, you are free to take advantage of shopping and eating in the Irvine Spectrum, but any lining up may not end up being an ‘official’ line set by the Theater, so please wait for them to designate the starting point.
More details coming very soon, tickets are now ONSALE. For any questions, please contact me at Garfeimao@TheOneRing.net
The Irvine Spectrum will have 9 theaters running screenings all within 30 minutes of each other, so there will be quite a lot of fans around. The Line Party will be focused on Theater 14, the RPX screening, but all lines will be able to participate in trivia and costuming.
The weather forecast is for rain most of the day on Thursday. At the moment the Edwards Irvine Spectrum is considering brining all the lines indoors, but a timeline has not been established yet. With 9 theaters running, that will be a lot of people. So the weather may do two things, make it less pleasant to line up early, and crowd everyone together in the lobby of the theater, creating a bit of a challenge to run fun games and events. Right now I am tentatively rescheduling the beginning of any events to 6pm. If the weather is dryer on Thursday than is currently forecast, then by all means show up earlier in the day, but I will stick with 6pm to start anything. There will be a few prizes, not many, but a few, so make sure to sharpen your Hobbit trivia knowledge or get your costume completed.
The Edwards Irvine Spectrum will open their doors early to the lines if it is raining, but they will not allow things like camp chairs or sleeping bags or tents in the lobby, nor will they allow weapons for the costumes or games such as beach balls. If you are caught with any of these, you will be asked to take them back to your car, or risk being turned away from the movie.
I have started a Facebook Event page so that open discussions can be carried out between attendees. Irvine Spectrum 21 Event
See who's attending…
Warning: Could not find direction(s). in /var/www/theonering.net/torwp/wp-content/plugins/posts-to-posts/core/query-user.php on line 15
No one is attending this event yet.