Dallas, TX: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Line Party
Date(s) - 13/12/2012 - 14/12/2012
8:30 pm - 3:30 am
AMC NorthPark 15
Edited: Apologies for the confusion, the Trilogy event and the Hobbit line party will now be split into two events.
UPDATED 11/16/12 @ 15:03
The White Council, Inc is once again sponsoring the biggest Hobbit line party event in Dallas! There is a lot of information to cover and there will be a test at the end, so pay attention.
MOVIE TICKETS INFO
When buying Hobbit movie tickets you MUST purchase the HFR IMAX 3D tickets if you want to view the movie with our group. These tickets are more expensive, but it guarantees you’ll see the Hobbit in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D.) The cheaper tickets will not be shown with this cutting edge technology that Peter Jackson is debuting with this release. Keeping this in mind:
PRE-PURCHASE YOUR TICKET(S) ASAP!!!
Click here to order tickets: http://www.amctheatres.com/events/lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-marathon
NOTE: After selecting AMC North Park 15 as the theater, you will need to change the date to 12/13/12 and select the 12:01 showing. Show dates for the 14th automatically show up, you will have to change the date to the 13th to get the appropriate tickets.
Tickets went on-sale tonight at midnight, Wednesday Nov. 7th. If you know you’re going to the Hobbit, buy your IMAX HFR 3d Hobbit tickets now. Don’t assume the tickets will remain available until the night before the show. Yes, AMC may choose to open new theaters as demand arises, but they need to know early that it will so they have films available to show in all theaters. Expect tickets to be sold out well before Thanksgiving if not sooner.
It’s Movie Day, now what!?!
1. You will need to plan on being at Northpark Theater EARLY, ideally as much as 1 1/2 hours before is starts. THE FOLLOWING IS VITAL INFO, SO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION we will be lining up between 8:30 and 9:00PM so that you can find fellow line party members (we will have a sign) and determine which theater we will be in. This may mean you’ll have to go to the customer service counter, stand in line for a bit, and change over to our theater to make sure you get in the correct one. They are very good at accommodating this kind of request. I experienced this at the Avengers marathon and it’s not as painful as it sounds, but it will take time so SHOW UP EARLY!
2. I will do my best to post the theater we’ll be in here and on FaceBook (it takes several hours, if not days, for updates to events to be approved, so don’t count on this happening on TOR.net.) Once again YOU MUST GET THERE EARLY if you want to swap tickets to get into the correct theater. If you purchased any other ticket than an HFR3D ticket, they will NOT swap your theater into ours. You will have to purchase a HFR3D ticket if that happens.
3. CONTESTS OF WIT AND SKILL: To try to ease the pain of line party waiting, we always run a few contests. One costume contest (see costume guidelines below) and one Tolkien/literary trivia contest, for sure. If time allows, I’d like to throw in a LoTR/Hobbit MOVIE trivia contest for those of us who haven’t read The Simarillion three times. This year. Yes, Bart, I’m looking at you. :cough cough: I will do my very best to have prizes. In the past winners received very, very nice collectible items. Speaking of prizes…
4. PRIZES! For previous Line Parties, TheOneRing.net has worked with New Line to provide FABULOUS door prizes for us to distribute. The more people who RSVP on theonering.net event to attend this line party, the more prizes they generally send. With that said, SIGN UP ON TORN.NET, RSVP THAT YOU’RE GOING AND RECRUIT YOUR FRIENDS TO DO SO, TOO!!! TORN.net won’t be monitoring us on FaceBook…so make a quick account and let us know you’re coming on TORN.net (They don’t sell your info for spammers. I’ve been a member for many, many years and give you my word.)
SUGGESTION: Stubs Rewards
If you are planning to purchase a LoTR marathon ticket or two, and/or you go to AMC for any other movies, I highly recommend their AMC Stubs Program. It’s $10 a year to join, but you get some pretty neat things back. $10 back for every $100 you spend (cumulative), free upgrades on drinks and popcorn, for the LoTR marathon Stubs members will receive $5 in AMC Stubs Bonus Bucks per ticket purchased to spend the day of the movie (these can be spent on food or alcohol. If you’re going to join, sign up BEFORE you buy your ticket and use your Stubs membership for that so that it will count. I’ve probably made up for the cost of my membership 6 times over since this summer (but then, we do see a lot of movies.)
Click here to find out more about Stubs or to purchase a stubs membership:
The Hobbit Ticket prices are as follows:
THAT’S A PINT!?! WHERE CAN I GET ONE?
In the lobby where we will line up there is a fully stocked bar. I’m sure they will have a few Middle Earth specials (the bartenders there are actually quiet clever with their creations.) There are several beers on tap, a not so wide selection of microbrews, and a small but thorough selection of hard liquor and well drinks. Prices aren’t necessarily cheap, but they’re more reasonable than they are for food. There is a wide variety of food, but prices are pretty obnoxious. If you want more than popcorn, I highly recommend that you eat before you arrive at the theater unless you are willing to pay $12-16 for a hamburger/fry/drink combo.
WELL WHAT IF I BRING ME OWN PO-TA-TOS, PRECIOUS?
Look, I’m a hobbit, I love food too, but bringing in outside food is against the theater’s rules. I know they don’t search you, or police the rooms to see that you do, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to find that you’d accidentally left some lembas bread in your pack from your LAST unexpected journey (you know it lasts for ever) but if that did happen, I would hope that you could at least be discreet while you, erm, throw it away, maybe?? Look, the point is, it’s against the rules and I’ve told you them and now I’m done. Tricksey hobbitses.
WILL THEY RESPECT MY ARMOR AND LOOK UPON MY BEARD WITH AWE?
Well, Mr, Dwarf, they should as long as you plan ahead. The theater has confirmed that costumes are welcome and encouraged! They did, however, request that we refrain for any of the following:
• blood and/or gore
• any masks or other face covering
• weapons of ANY kind (this includes plastic, wooden)
• Note: Call for specifics if you have concerns before taking a questionable item to the movies.
Generally speaking, I wouldn’t expect anyone who follows the guidelines above will have any issues. Remember to be sensitive to the events of this past Summer that surrounded the shootings at the Batman movie. If a staff member requests that you remove any part of your costume, please comply immediately without making a scene. If you have questions regarding why it was asked, take it up with them courteously, they’re probably having a pretty harried day and may not be at their best. They are working to ensure a safe environment, no judging you personally.
BUT I STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!
If you have questions before the line party, please message me and I will do my best to answer as I can. If you need to speak to me, you can reach me at 214-783-6163.
See who's attending…
Warning: Could not find direction(s). in /var/www/theonering.net/torwp/wp-content/plugins/posts-to-posts/core/query-user.php on line 15
No one is attending this event yet.