Are you one of those who FINALLY got your copy of TBotFA on DVD only to have a colourless-faded-blotchy or muddied mess? There are some who have had that problem and are discussing it on The Hobbit Discussion Board right here.Posted in DVD/Blu-Ray, DVDs, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, TheOneRing.net Community
Archive for the ‘TheOneRing.net Community’ Category
More than two weeks have passed since our celebrations in Hollywood – how time flies! During those two weeks we’ve still been working hard – updating records, and making sure we know who collected their perks, and to whom we still need to send things!
All remaining perks should ship towards the end of this week; if you haven’t received something by the END OF MARCH, then please let us know!
We’re also busy working on the ‘Red Book’ – the thank you which we will send to Peter Jackson, including the names of all who supported The One Last Party Indiegogo campaign. Those names can now all be seen on our Roll of Honor – click here to see this splendid Fellowship of Fans!Posted in Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Jewelry, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, New Zealand, Oscar Parties, Sideshow Collectibles, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Community, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop, William Kircher
For those of you who didn’t catch it in person or via the live stream – here is the message which Peter Jackson sent us, for The One Last Party. Though not quite as good as having him there in person (blame the Academy and the lack of nominations!), it was fabulous to have his support of our celebration – and to know that he doesn’t see this as the ‘end of all things’!
And neither do we; as noted in the post below, TORn isn’t going anywhere! We may have thrown our final big celebration of PJ’s trilogy, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be anything to celebrate in future. The Road Goes Ever On…
New York graphic artist “William Puck”, who posts mock Middle-earth travel notices on the New York transit system, has designed one especially in honour of our party! We’re pretty stoked — check it out below.
William has posted hundreds of mock travel advisories across the New York subway over the last couple of years. TheOneRing.net interviewed him a little while back. If you’d like to know more abut his work, you can read our interview here. (more…)Posted in Creations, Events, Fans, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Community
Jens Hansen – The Ring Maker, is the designer and maker of The Movie Ring, the ring used in the filming of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ trilogies.
They custom make The Movie Ring as seen on the big screen and recreate the world’s most accurate licensed The One Ring replicas.
We are excited to announce that The Movie Ring used in the filming of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ trilogies will be at the event to as part of our photo opportunities. We must see it, my precious!! Learn about The Movie Ring by clicking here.
We are so excited and thankful to Jens Hansen – The Ring Maker for their support of our party and giving fans the unique opportunity to hold The One Ring.
Learn more about The Ring Maker, and choose your own ring for purchase at at theringmaker.co.nz.Posted in Events, Headlines, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Guests at The One Last Party tomorrow night will be able to sample some lovely red or white wines courtesy of Middle-earth Wines.
The Nelson-based vineyard has generously provided its highly regarded Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir wine. (more…)Posted in Events, Headlines, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Party time is fast approaching!
So over the next few days we’ll be putting out some reminders with key information that all party goers should be aware of to ensure that you’re all set to have a great time.
First up, The One Last Party is Saturday 21st February at the American Legion Hall, Hollywood – in case anyone is still unsure! The party starts at 5.30pm and goes until midnight.
- All tickets are “will-call”. Your Indiegogo email and name are on our list. There are no physical tickets; bring ID and we’ll cross your name off our list.
- Dinner + show check-in: If you are Expected Party Goers, Rivendell Revellers or one of our VIPs, check-in is 5:30-6.30pm. VIPs should head to the left hand side of the building; all other party goers check in at the front!
- Dinner buffet: to avoid anyone having to wait in long lines, we’re dividing this into three groups – ‘Dwarven Feast’, ‘Hobbit Feast’ and ‘Elven Feast’. You’ll receive a dinner ticket at check in – please head to ‘Rohan’ (the dining area) at the time shown on your ticket.
- Further fun and games: be sure to check out everything else going on at the party! We’ll have music, magic, photo opportunities, caricaturists and more!
- Show-only: Entish Entertainment folks, your check-in starts at 8:00pm.
- Live Show: will start at 8.30pm.
- Live stream: is free to watch for everyone! TheOneRing.net/live
- Bring cash. We are operating a cash bar. You can use credit cards, but there’s a $20 minimum. On the plus side, you can run a tab against your credit card if you wish. Don’t forget, you may also want to purchase more raffle tickets – and we will have some amazing silent auction items and goodies for sale in ‘Rivendell’ (our party store).
- Party Store: Credit cards will be accepted in ‘Rivendell’, so no worries about having to carry large sums of cash if you plan to bid on the big items. Cash is a lot easier for the purchase of Raffle tickets, but not a requirement. A list of Auction and Raffle items will be posted very soon. This is also the room where you can claim your shirt and button if you are a Rivendell Reveller, or purchase one if your package does not include those items.
- Attire: Black Tie and Pointy Ears Optional. This means that if you have a Tux, or an Evening Gown, wear it. Pointy Ears Optional refers to costuming, which will be acceptable attire for the event. Please note, expert costuming is required for entry. Please read our FAQ on the topic for more details. NB no jeans, shorts, t-shirts or sneakers.
- Goody Baggins: will be given out at the end of the night! At check in, Expected Party Goers and Rivendell Revellers will receive raffle tickets, drink tickets, dinner ticket and a Goody Bag coupon – which you’ll exchange for your bag as you leave the party.
See you at the party!Posted in Events, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Welcome to our collection of TORn’s hottest topics for the past week. If you’ve fallen behind on what’s happening on the Message Boards, here’s a great way to catch the highlights. Just follow the links to some of our most active discussions. This is the last installment of the Weekly Roundup, but you’ll always find great conversations every day on TORn’s 11 different Discussion Boards. Everyone is welcome, so come on in and join the fun! (more…)Posted in Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Artist Donato Giancola has recently begun work on a new, and very large, Tolkien-inspired painting. It depicts the moment in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Silmarillion when Beren declares his love for Thingol and Melian’s dauighter and vows to undertake the quest of the Silmarils.
We’ve got a fabulous sneak peek of the work-in-progress for you — check it out below! (more…)Posted in Artwork, Creations, Fans, Green Books, TheOneRing.net Community
Only 15 days away from The One Last Party! TheOneRing.net staff are working overtime to make our last Oscar event a night to remember. Today we are happy to unveil our party subsite, and apologies for not having it up sooner. On the subsite, you will find information on party times, parking, raffles, costuming, etc. We will be updating this area on a regular basis, so please look to this space and your email for further details as they become available. (For example, we just learned we’re going to be auctioning off a Sideshow/Weta Sauron Artist Proof statue!!) And don’t forget, you may still be able to snag a ticket to the performance part of the evening! Details on the Party Specifics page.Posted in Events, Fans, Meet Ups, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Community