The Shadow of Mordor’s latest DLC, The Bright Lord, is coming out soon, and TORn was lucky enough to have a quick Q&A with Monolith’s Director of Design, Michael de Plater.Posted in Gaming, Headlines, Merchandise, Other Events, TheOneRing.net Announcements, Tolkien, Video games
Archive for the ‘TheOneRing.net Announcements’ Category
Calling all Aussie fans from Queensland and those heading to Queensland this March, you are invited to join the Brisbane Tolkien Fellowship for Tolkien Reading Day 2015.Posted in Events, Fans, Headlines, TheOneRing.net Announcements, Tolkien, Tolkien Reading Day
Party time is fast approaching!
So over the next few days we’ll be putting out some reminders with key information that all party goers should be aware of to ensure that you’re all set to have a great time.
First up, The One Last Party is Saturday 21st February at the American Legion Hall, Hollywood – in case anyone is still unsure! The party starts at 5.30pm and goes until midnight.
- All tickets are “will-call”. Your Indiegogo email and name are on our list. There are no physical tickets; bring ID and we’ll cross your name off our list.
- Dinner + show check-in: If you are Expected Party Goers, Rivendell Revellers or one of our VIPs, check-in is 5:30-6.30pm. VIPs should head to the left hand side of the building; all other party goers check in at the front!
- Dinner buffet: to avoid anyone having to wait in long lines, we’re dividing this into three groups – ‘Dwarven Feast’, ‘Hobbit Feast’ and ‘Elven Feast’. You’ll receive a dinner ticket at check in – please head to ‘Rohan’ (the dining area) at the time shown on your ticket.
- Further fun and games: be sure to check out everything else going on at the party! We’ll have music, magic, photo opportunities, caricaturists and more!
- Show-only: Entish Entertainment folks, your check-in starts at 8:00pm.
- Live Show: will start at 8.30pm.
- Live stream: is free to watch for everyone! TheOneRing.net/live
- Bring cash. We are operating a cash bar. You can use credit cards, but there’s a $20 minimum. On the plus side, you can run a tab against your credit card if you wish. Don’t forget, you may also want to purchase more raffle tickets – and we will have some amazing silent auction items and goodies for sale in ‘Rivendell’ (our party store).
- Party Store: Credit cards will be accepted in ‘Rivendell’, so no worries about having to carry large sums of cash if you plan to bid on the big items. Cash is a lot easier for the purchase of Raffle tickets, but not a requirement. A list of Auction and Raffle items will be posted very soon. This is also the room where you can claim your shirt and button if you are a Rivendell Reveller, or purchase one if your package does not include those items.
- Attire: Black Tie and Pointy Ears Optional. This means that if you have a Tux, or an Evening Gown, wear it. Pointy Ears Optional refers to costuming, which will be acceptable attire for the event. Please note, expert costuming is required for entry. Please read our FAQ on the topic for more details. NB no jeans, shorts, t-shirts or sneakers.
- Goody Baggins: will be given out at the end of the night! At check in, Expected Party Goers and Rivendell Revellers will receive raffle tickets, drink tickets, dinner ticket and a Goody Bag coupon – which you’ll exchange for your bag as you leave the party.
See you at the party!Posted in Events, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Welcome to our collection of TORn’s hottest topics for the past week. If you’ve fallen behind on what’s happening on the Message Boards, here’s a great way to catch the highlights. Just follow the links to some of our most active discussions. This is the last installment of the Weekly Roundup, but you’ll always find great conversations every day on TORn’s 11 different Discussion Boards. Everyone is welcome, so come on in and join the fun! (more…)Posted in Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
We’ve just heard the sad news of the passing of Royd’s brother Mike who has been battling ALS (Motor Neurone Disease).
Royd posted this moving tribute to his brother on his facebook page.
On Wednesday morning, my loving, handsome, devoted brother, Mike, peacefully passed away.
From the moment he was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease/ALS he faced it head on, clenched his fists and battled. He took my breath away every single day with his strength and courage.
For 4 years I’ve been strong while silently weeping, now I’ve lost the comfortable feeling that he’ll be around forever and I’m heartbroken.
Every part of me, everything around me, anything I ever did and will ever do is connected to him and I desperately miss him. I’ve lost my friend and my reason and I will never be whole again.
I was privileged to have the honour of being his brother.
From everyone here at theonering.net, our love, prayers and best wishes are with you.
Posted in Headlines, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien, Tolkien Family
Welcome to our collection of TORn’s hottest topics for the past week. If you’ve fallen behind on what’s happening on the Message Boards, here’s a great way to catch the highlights. Or if you’re new to TORn and want to enjoy some great conversations, just follow the links to some of our most active discussions. Watch this space as we spotlight the most popular buzz on TORn’s Message Boards. Everyone is welcome, so come on in and join the fun!Posted in Fans, Fellowship of the Ring, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Books, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
As we posted on our Facebook page last night, today (Friday, January 16) will be the FINAL DAY to pledge for ‘full’ tickets for our One Last Party event.
Tickets for the Perk Pledge levels Expected Party Goer and Rivendell Reveller will only be available until MIDNIGHT PST tonight! (more…)Posted in Events, Hobbit Movie, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
As you’ve probably seen already, thanks to a vertitable flood of pledges from all of you we hit our funding goal overnight!
We, now — officially and 100% — have a party happening at the American Legion Hall in Hollywood on Saturday February 21! We are looking forward to seeing you there!
But this would never have happened without your support. You are all absolutely amazing — thank-you so much for backing us and our ability to put on a show. (more…)Posted in Events, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
2014. It heralded the final chapter of Thorin’s Company of 14. What better way to relive it than with a “Top 14” list!
TheOneRing on YouTube is full of videos from past and present — along with our weekly web series TORn Tuesday and Happy Hobbit. Check out some of our playlists and exclusive cast interviews! Throughout last year, we also brought you live video coverage from many events over at www.theonering.net/live (bookmark it)! (more…)Posted in Happy Hobbit, Parodies, The Hobbit: There and Back Again, TORn TUESDAYS Live!
It’s all happening as we head into our final week of fundraising for The One Last Party. These are the final days to reach that goal, so we can all celebrate the journey of fandom we’ve been on together. You can pledge for a party ticket; but if you can’t join us in person, there are still many ways to be involved:
- – pledge $10 to be part of the ‘Thank You’ we will send to Peter Jackson
- – claim a ‘Supporter of Special Magnficence’ tshirt (which reminds us that ’17 years is far too short a time to party among such excellent and admirable fans’)
- – get access to the exclusive Live Stream of the event
- – or lay your hands on one of the other fabulous perks on offer!
We’ve just added three NEW perk items!
Incredible artist Eeva, who created TORn Book Club’s logo, has drawn two amazing images of Mirkwood’s own party elf, Thranduil. There are only NINE prints available of each of her two illustrations (‘Dark Thranduil’ and ‘Mirkwood in Winter’), and each will be signed by Eeva. Elf lovers should snap them up before they’re gone! See the ‘Thranduil Special’ perks and choose which one you want – or get them both!
We also have a new perk for the Bookworms amongst you! (We know how Tolkien fans love to read!) Our own Kili, of Happy Hobbit fame, is also a talented author. She has generously given us FIVE copies of her debut novel, Darkling, to use as perks. Here’s a description of the book:
“How far would you go to save your family?
Midsummer used to be a day of feasts and bonfires. A day when cares were set aside for the joy of grass between our toes, warm hands in our palms, laughter in our hearts. Our celebrations dimmed with the light. Something upset the balance of our woods. Something so deep that even our bonfires can’t lure the sun back. And he has something to do with it. Of that we’re sure, which is why I’m being given to him.
None other than Richard Taylor has read Darkling and loved it! He said, “I’ve just finished reading a delightful, … beautiful ghost story book called Darkling. And that’s one I’d definitely recommend. …it’s a haunting, creeping, wonderful story .”
You could have a copy of this book, signed and inscribed to you by Kellie/Kili – just pledge for the ‘Happy Haunted Hobbit’ perk!
Later today, party planners will be joining staffer Sarumann on his TORn Book Club to chat about what we have lined up for The One Last Party – tune in at 12noon PST today to hear more, or to ask us questions!
You can also leave questions or comments for us on the ‘Comments’ page of the Indiegogo campaign – where you can read about all the exciting perks available.
We are so close now – and every little pledge helps. Don’t forget, any pledge made before 11pm GMT today (Jan 11th) enters you in the draw to win the stunning Dragon Bodice created by Marie Porter Costuming! Even a pledge of $1 qualifies you for this giveaway – and helps us get nearer to our goal! Let’s celebrate together the Fellowship of Fans!
One Last Party fundraiser!
Our One Last Party fundraiser on Indiegogo is almost 80% funded and we’re pretty stoked!
If you’d like to join us as a Party of Special Magnificence in Hollywood in February — a toast to all SIX Middle-earth movies, then now is the time to throw in your support! Even if you can’t make it to Hollywood (or if you’ve already contributed), you can help out by retweeting or sharing our fundraiser across social media to get the word out.Posted in Characters, Creations, Events, Fans, Happy Hobbit, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, Lee Pace, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Community, TORn Book Club
Our One Last Party fundraiser on Indiegogo has just hit the $100K mark and we’re pretty stoked!
If you’d like to join us at our Party of Special Magnificence — a toast to all SIX Middle-earth movies — in Hollywood on Saturday February 21, now is the time to jump on board.
We’ve come a long way, but we still need your help to get from $100K to our $180,000 goal. (more…)Posted in Events, Fans, Headlines, Lord of the Rings, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements