Attendees at our sold out Laketown Luau SDCC party were treated to a wonderful new photo op featuring Barrel-riding dwarves and Dragon-fighting Bards. Check out the wonderful cosplay and fun photos from all attendees — including Richard Taylor and the WETA team!
Ringmaker Jens Hansen made the photo booth possible, and the Lake-town Luau through the wonderful support of Weta Workshop and Badali Jewelry.
Share these photos and tag your friends! (more…)
Posted in ComicCon, Conventions, Fans, Meet Ups, WETA Workshop
Our friends at Weta Workshop have some really fantastic stuff this year at Comic-Con from both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. As they announced last year at Comic-Con, The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line is back in the hands of Weta and this year we get two fantastic pieces to start that off. The first piece is the Balrog, in a huge scale standing at 21″ tall with a huge footprint because of the base. The other statue is Faramir – who, finally, after eight years since the end of the original The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line, gets to come home to us. We also get, for fans of the mini-statue line, a brand new Ringwraith mini-statue, which at the show was only $80.
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
We are so happy to be hosting an ‘offsite event’ here at San Diego Comic Con, and can’t wait to party like Hobbits and Dwarves with you all. So here are a few fast little facts you all need to know about the party.
1) The Laketown Luau is located at the Kona Kai resort and runs from 7pm to 10pm. 1551 Shelter Island drive, San Diego, CA 92106.
2) The Kona Kai is on the TEAL shuttle route, which takes about 30 minutes drive time, each direction. Or you can drive there in about 20 minutes, just take N. Harbor up past the airport, turning left on either Scott road or Rosecrans, the left again onto Shelter Island drive, with the Kona Kai being the last hotel on the island.
3) We are Sold Out. If you did not buy tickets on the Eventbrite page, or get an email from me (Garfeimao), you are not on the guest list. There will be no additional ticket sales at the door beyond those who have received an email from me. The one exception is a contest we are currently running on our Facebook page. Simply leave a comment on the post regarding our newest sponsor, Jens Hansen Ringmaker, and a winner will be chosen and contacted shortly after Noon. They are hosting a complimentary Photo Booth at the party, but were unable to actually attend the party, so they wanted to offer you, the Fans, their tickets. You must either be in San Diego, or able to get here in a rather short period of time in order to take advantage of these tickets.
4) There will be games and contests and prizes, lots of prizes. Everyone will walk out of the party with something, maybe several somethings. Of course, you have to play the games and enter the contest to win the good stuff. Games include: Golfimbul (Goblin head Golf, with a baseball bat), Pin the Black Arrow on the Dragon (try and pin the Dragon in the heart), The Hula costume contest (see below), and there may be a few other little games tossed in for good measure. There is also a Tiki Piñata and the Photo Booth, so lots of fun and games to be had by young and old. This is a Family Friendly event.
5) The one contest that seems to have several people scratching their heads is the Hula dancing costume contest. But it’s quite simple, wear a costume, dance the hula, win something. There will be a prize or three for the best costumes, Tolkien themed and non-Tolkien alike. But there will also be prizes for the best Hula, or the funnest, or funniest, and non-costumed folk are eligible for this aspect. But the thing to remember is everyone entering the costume contest will be asked to Hula, solo or en masse, as you all see fit. We’ve posted Hula tutorials previously, and instead decided to post a general WikiHow post on how to Hula. Check it out at Dance Hula Wiki/How
6) Our Sponsors – This party absolutely would not have happened if a few of our friends had not stepped in to sponsor and support us. In addition to the aforementioned Jens Hansen Ringmaker as a Sponsor, we are also Supported by our long time friends, Badali Jewelry, who have been with TheOneRing.net since the very beginning. Our Co-hosting Sponsor for the party are the good folks over at WETA Workshop . They are graciously bringing several artists and numerous prizes to the event, you are sure to be blown away by some of the items prizes WETA is bringing with them.
7) Autographs – Don’t do it. This is a party, if any cast or crew should show up, be mindful of this fact and just chat, laugh with, and in general have fun with our special guests. Don’t be snapping photos without asking permission first, especially if using a flash. This statement is not an acknowledgment that any special guest will attend, just that it might happen and we’d appreciate you being respectful of this casual atmosphere.
Posted in ComicCon, Events, Fans, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, J.R.R. Tolkien, Meet Ups, Other Events, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Tolkien, WETA Workshop
Our friends at Weta Workshop shared via their Facebook page that Evangeline Lilly will be at the Weta booth at San Diego Comic Con this year to promote her delightful children’s book Squickerwonkers.
She will be at their booth on Friday when she will be signing copies of Squickerwonkers only, and then she’ll be back on Sunday when she will be happy to sign your Hobbit collectibles along with Squickerwonkers!
Don’t forget, you can check out all the live action at Comic Con via our Live Feed.
Posted in Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Headlines, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Other Merchandise, WETA Workshop
If you’re going to be at Comic-Con this year we have a couple of items you will want to add to your shopping list of exclusives. Our Comic-Con exclusive T-Shirt follows the War Effort we started last year with the our Tauriel poster.
This year Gandalf the Grey himself is asking you to join the Battle of the Five Armies! Gandalf is created by our friend and artist David Powell who as you know created Tauriel for us last year. You will be able to grab Gandalf on a T-Shirt as well as poster, and even be able to get both together for a special price. (more…)
Posted in Clothing, Clothing, Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Events, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, WETA Workshop
It only makes sense, with the last of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit Trilogy coming out this December, to have some kind of presence from Middle-earth at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. You will get that and more to keep you happy, if you are a fan of Middle-earth! You have some of the actors who have been in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy there for various projects, our awesome Laketown Luau sponsors Weta Workshop and Badali Jewlery, and of course the Laketown Luau. So with just eight days left before Comic-Con 2014, we wanted to list for you all the Middle-earth presence you will find at this year’s event.
Posted in ComicCon, Conventions, Events, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Warner Bros., WETA Workshop
In the last two days we’ve had three new items pop up from Weta Workshop as we head into Comic-Con 2014.
If you’re a fan of The Hobbit Trilogy then this item is for you. We see Bard checking this out in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and fans can now purchase their own copy of the Line of Durin art print. This replica, in smaller scale, looks just like the tapestry that Bard looks at as he figures out just who these Dwarves are. You can get this print right now for just $30 and it’s even in-stock! Also, from The Hobbit Trilogy fans can get a set of postcards with various moments from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey for only $22.50.
Fans of The Lord of the Rings won’t feel left out either as we also get a great set of postcards capturing moments from one of the best trilogies of all-time. The postcards for The Lord of the Rings also come in at $22.50 and are in-stock.
Posted in Collectibles, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers, Posters Prints, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
We’re marching ever closer to Comic-Con 2014 and we now know what the exclusive item that our friends at Weta Workshop will be selling is. Just like last year fans that are going to the show will be able to snag one of their great shirts. This years fantastic limited edition shirt plays up on Smaug’s scales and especially a certain missing piece of those scales. Also like last year this shirt will sell out fast as it is being limited to only 500 pieces worldwide and comes in with a price tag of $40. So, if you’re going to the show make sure you grab this one ASAP as it’s sure to fly out fast.
Posted in Clothing, Clothing, Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Nori the Dwarf recently arrived to join our collections and brings us to nine of the thirteen Dwarves in Thorin’s Company.
The character design for Nori is one of the most unqiue that Peter Jackson went with when creating these characters for The Hobbit Trilogy. Our friends at Weta Workshop have done a fantastic job of taking that look and turning it into a great 1:6th scale representation of the character played by Jed Brophy. Nori is a limited edition piece with an edition size of just 1000 pieces world wide and can be purchased right now for $250.
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, Hobbit Movie, Jed Brophy, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: There and Back Again, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
TheOneRing.net and Happy Hobbit are coming to Denver Comic Con next weekend, June 13-15 with a packed schedule full of Middle-earth fun for fans including a preview of what we expect to see in THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES with Sylvester McCoy (Radagast)!
Join us for an amazing weekend of activities including:
- TheOneRing.net exclusive T-Shirt at the WETA booth
- Hobbit: BOFA preview with SYLVESTER MCCOY in person
- Happy Hobbit panel and fan table
- FREE FOR ALL fan meet up “TORN MOOT” Friday night
Posted in Conventions, Events, Happy Hobbit, Hobbit Movie, Meet Ups, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, TheOneRing.net Announcements, WETA Workshop
I’ve put together another video review for you all today, this time it’s of the second member of the Hot Dwarves duo, with Fili joining the previously released Kili in our collection. Fili, as has been the case with the other statues in this line, came out really well done with a superb overall paint/detail-work as well as a great likeness to Dean O’Gorman. Fili like most of the Dwarves is a limited edition piece with just 1000 pieces worldwide and comes in with a price tag of just $249. He is in-stock so you can get him right now if you’re looking to add another piece from The Hobbit Trilogy. Fili is the eighth Dwarf to be completed in this line of statues and ninth overall to be completed, which is not what I say in the video a couple of times. Nori the latest release is on his way and we should have a review of him up soon!
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, Dean O'Gorman, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Weta Workshop has released the next Dwarf that fans can snag as The Hobbit Trilogy statue collection continues to grow. Joining the rest of Thorin’s Company is Nori the Dwarf. Nori is the tenth Dwarf released so far and like most of the other Dwarves he is a limited edition piece with an edition-size of only 1000 pieces world-wide. As you can see in the picture Nori comes in a fighting pose, which gives this statue a lot of presence in your collection. You can add Nori right now as he is in-stock with a price tag of $249. Don’t waste time and get Nori on order now before he disappears.
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, Hobbit Movie, Jed Brophy, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop