If you’ve been eying this Ringwraith mini-statue since Comic-Con, now is your chance to finally order this fantastic collectible. This is the first item of those that we saw at Comic-Con to come up for order and even better, it is in-stock. The Mini-Ringwraith joins other statues from this line like Strider, Gandalf the Grey, and Arwen. You can get him for a great price of $75 and add yet another one of Weta Workshop’s superb Middle-earth collectibles to your collection.Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Shop, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Archive for the ‘WETA Workshop’ Category
If you were at Comic-Con 2014 this year and stopped by artist Jerry Vanderstelt’s booth, then you got the chance to see him bring a 6 foot by 4 foot art print of Smaug to life. Now for those of you who could not make it to Comic-Con here’s your chance to see what it was like watching one of Middle-earth’s greatest characters came to life.
If you’re interested in buying this piece, it is available for sale on ebay, all you have to do is contact Jerry, or, if you want to snag any of his other amazing prints, you can do all of this through his Vanderstelt Studio Store. You can also stay up to date on all of Jerry’s work by checking out his Facebook Page.Posted in Artwork, ComicCon, Conventions, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Posters Prints, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, WETA Workshop
Tonight’s newsletter from Weta Workshop provides us with an update on the many items that were on display during Comic-Con 2014.
As we posted the other day, the massive new Balrog statue will pre-order on September 22nd at 1pm PST. This statue will have an edition size of 1500 pieces world wide and will be 21″ tall with a 17.5″ long base. So this is going to be an attention grabbing piece in any collection.Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Events, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Our friends at Harper Collins Publishers, along with our friends at Weta Workshop, have a new Chronicles book coming out for The Hobbit Trilogy. We’re pleased to team up with them to unveil the cover for the new book The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Chronicles: Art & Design. This book, like all the others in this series, is going to be fantastic allowing fans to see the amazing process of bringing this movie to life. You can Pre-order the book right now and have it in your collection on December 17th just before the movie comes out.
Another great book coming out for The Hobbit Trilogy is the The Hobbit Motion Picture Trilogy Location Guide that will take you from Bag End to Erebor and beyond. Ian Brodie is back taking us across Middle-earth much as he did with The Lord of the Rings Location Guides so expect to add another fantastic book to your collection. You can order this book right now with it arriving on October 28th.Posted in Books, Books Publications, Collectibles, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, WETA Workshop
One of the stand-out collectibles previewed at Comic-Con 2014 was the new Balrog statue by Weta Workshop. This fantastic statue stands around 21″ tall and will be one of the premiere pieces of any Middle-earth fans collection. Our friends at Weta Workshop via the Shadow and Flame message board have released some information regarding when we can pre-order this attention grabbing piece. mark your calendars for September 22nd at 1pm PST so you can be sure to grab one of the 1500 pieces that will be created of the Balrog. No price has currently been announced, but once we have that information we will pass it on.Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Events, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Shop, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
The annual tradition of determining who won or lost at San Diego Comic-Con is in full swing across the blogosphere. The all-volunteer staff of TheOneRing.net (who always attend on their own accord and dime) experienced all the booths, panels and exclusive lines at SDCC 2014.
After taking it all in, here are just a few reasons we think 2014 SDCC belonged to The Hobbit. (more…)Posted in Andy Serkis, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cate Blanchett, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Elijah Wood, Evangeline Lilly, Fans, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Movie, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Meet Ups, WETA Workshop
Join us in the mad journey of SDCC 2014, through the Exhibit Hall to TheOneRing.net panel, a life-sized Smaug, and a hula-dancing Kili!Posted in Fans, Happy Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Tolkien, Uncategorized, WETA Digital, WETA Workshop
As you saw in part one of our booth tour our friends at Weta Workshop had a lot of fantastic pieces at Comic-Con 2014. Here in part two you get a little video tour I did on my iPhone during the Con. I hope this little video tour helps add to your excitement of the great things to come to our collections with what we saw during Comic-Con.
Attendees at our sold out Laketown Luau SDCC party were treated to a wonderful new photo op featuring Barrel-riding dwarves and Dragon-fighting Bards. Check out the wonderful cosplay and fun photos from all attendees — including Richard Taylor and the WETA team!
Share these photos and tag your friends! (more…)Posted in ComicCon, Conventions, Fans, Meet Ups, WETA Workshop
Our friends at Weta Workshop have some really fantastic stuff this year at Comic-Con from both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. As they announced last year at Comic-Con, The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line is back in the hands of Weta and this year we get two fantastic pieces to start that off. The first piece is the Balrog, in a huge scale standing at 21″ tall with a huge footprint because of the base. The other statue is Faramir – who, finally, after eight years since the end of the original The Lord of the Rings 1:6 statue line, gets to come home to us. We also get, for fans of the mini-statue line, a brand new Ringwraith mini-statue, which at the show was only $80.Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
We are so happy to be hosting an ‘offsite event’ here at San Diego Comic Con, and can’t wait to party like Hobbits and Dwarves with you all. So here are a few fast little facts you all need to know about the party.
1) The Laketown Luau is located at the Kona Kai resort and runs from 7pm to 10pm. 1551 Shelter Island drive, San Diego, CA 92106.
2) The Kona Kai is on the TEAL shuttle route, which takes about 30 minutes drive time, each direction. Or you can drive there in about 20 minutes, just take N. Harbor up past the airport, turning left on either Scott road or Rosecrans, the left again onto Shelter Island drive, with the Kona Kai being the last hotel on the island.
3) We are Sold Out. If you did not buy tickets on the Eventbrite page, or get an email from me (Garfeimao), you are not on the guest list. There will be no additional ticket sales at the door beyond those who have received an email from me. The one exception is a contest we are currently running on our Facebook page. Simply leave a comment on the post regarding our newest sponsor, Jens Hansen Ringmaker, and a winner will be chosen and contacted shortly after Noon. They are hosting a complimentary Photo Booth at the party, but were unable to actually attend the party, so they wanted to offer you, the Fans, their tickets. You must either be in San Diego, or able to get here in a rather short period of time in order to take advantage of these tickets.
4) There will be games and contests and prizes, lots of prizes. Everyone will walk out of the party with something, maybe several somethings. Of course, you have to play the games and enter the contest to win the good stuff. Games include: Golfimbul (Goblin head Golf, with a baseball bat), Pin the Black Arrow on the Dragon (try and pin the Dragon in the heart), The Hula costume contest (see below), and there may be a few other little games tossed in for good measure. There is also a Tiki Piñata and the Photo Booth, so lots of fun and games to be had by young and old. This is a Family Friendly event.
5) The one contest that seems to have several people scratching their heads is the Hula dancing costume contest. But it’s quite simple, wear a costume, dance the hula, win something. There will be a prize or three for the best costumes, Tolkien themed and non-Tolkien alike. But there will also be prizes for the best Hula, or the funnest, or funniest, and non-costumed folk are eligible for this aspect. But the thing to remember is everyone entering the costume contest will be asked to Hula, solo or en masse, as you all see fit. We’ve posted Hula tutorials previously, and instead decided to post a general WikiHow post on how to Hula. Check it out at Dance Hula Wiki/How
6) Our Sponsors – This party absolutely would not have happened if a few of our friends had not stepped in to sponsor and support us. In addition to the aforementioned Jens Hansen Ringmaker as a Sponsor, we are also Supported by our long time friends, Badali Jewelry, who have been with TheOneRing.net since the very beginning. Our Co-hosting Sponsor for the party are the good folks over at WETA Workshop . They are graciously bringing several artists and numerous prizes to the event, you are sure to be blown away by some of the items prizes WETA is bringing with them.
7) Autographs – Don’t do it. This is a party, if any cast or crew should show up, be mindful of this fact and just chat, laugh with, and in general have fun with our special guests. Don’t be snapping photos without asking permission first, especially if using a flash. This statement is not an acknowledgment that any special guest will attend, just that it might happen and we’d appreciate you being respectful of this casual atmosphere.Posted in ComicCon, Events, Fans, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, J.R.R. Tolkien, Meet Ups, Other Events, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Tolkien, WETA Workshop
Our friends at Weta Workshop shared via their Facebook page that Evangeline Lilly will be at the Weta booth at San Diego Comic Con this year to promote her delightful children’s book Squickerwonkers.
She will be at their booth on Friday when she will be signing copies of Squickerwonkers only, and then she’ll be back on Sunday when she will be happy to sign your Hobbit collectibles along with Squickerwonkers!
Don’t forget, you can check out all the live action at Comic Con via our Live Feed.Posted in Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Headlines, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Other Merchandise, WETA Workshop