Archive for the ‘Merchandise’ Category
Our friend and amazing artist Jerry Vanderstelt who as you all know has created so many superb pieces of Middle-earth will be starting a new line of prints capturing this world.
Fans will soon be able to start purchasing prints of the many landscapes we’ve seen in Peter Jackson’s films. The first print pending licensor approval will be capturing the beautiful place we all know as Rivendell. This is such a beautiful piece and looking at this picture you really do feel like you’re about to get an up close look at Rivendell. As soon as this goes up for sale in Jerry’s store we will let you know.
Posted in Artwork, Collectibles, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Should you find yourself in Los Angeles next week and the week after, there will be plenty of Hobbity goodness to go around. And if you are not in LA, a few of the events will be covered so that you don’t miss any of the fun.
1) First up on Monday, December 8 with Peter Jackson receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. This will begin at 11:30am and run till about 12:15pm. The Walk of Fame website will be live streaming the ceremony, which means everyone can enjoy it even if you can’t be here with us. For those who do decide to attend, TORn will be hosting a lunch moot at the Cabo Wabo Cantina inside the Hollywood and Highland complex. The Star Ceremonies are open to the public, but they do not allow chairs or step ladders or anything that would impede walking. The ceremony lasts for about 45 minutes once it is started and they expect everyone to clear out once it is over in order to reopen the sidewalk. Peter’s star is slated to be outside the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Blvd, so you can park in the Hollywood and Highland Complex. If you wish to attend you can check out our Facebook Event Page. Andy Serkis will be speaking during the ceremony and numerous other cast are scheduled to appear.
2) The Hollywood premiere for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies will take place inside the Dolby Theater on Tuesday, December 9. The Red Carpet starts at 5pm, so do try and arrive before then. Last year’s Hollywood premiere was more of a press event and not very fan friendly, so just go into this with eyes open. Arrive early, bring lots of patience with you, be prepared to stand for a long while, bring water and comfy shoes, and be open to changing locations if security changes protocols 6 times on you. Regardless of what happens on the Red Carpet and with the screening, TORn will again be hosting a little moot in Cabo Wabo Cantina, which will be open until midnight. We do hope that we learn a few helpful hints for the Premiere at the Star Ceremony the day before, so stay tuned to our Facebook Event Page. Numerous cast are slated to attend the premiere.
One helpful suggestion for both events: If you wish to get autographs, make sure to bring with you everything you will need, including a good sharpie pen and the items you want signed. And while large posters or the Chronicles books are lovely items to get signed, you are best bringing something small and easy to carry.
3) Next up on the very busy Hollywood Hobbit tour is Billy Boyd doing a live performance and then CD signing for the new Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on Wednesday, December 10. The event will be at the Barnes and Noble at The Grove, starting at 6pm. This will be a Wristbanded event, and they will begin to hand out those wristbands on Tuesday, December 9 at 9am once the soundtrack officially goes on sale. So, if you will be heading to the Premiere, swing past the Grove, pick up your soundtrack and get a wristband. For more details, please visit our Facebook Event Page for more details.
That’s it for next week, but then the film will be released the week after and our line parties kick into full gear.
4) Marathon Monday at the TCL Chinese theater on Monday, December 15 starting at Noon. This will be the first publicly available screening of the final film, and TORn will be there with Trivia, games and prizes for one and all. Please visit the Facebook Event Page.
5) On Tuesday, December 16 at 7pm, the TCL Chinese will hold their first screening of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX HFR 3D. More fun and games will ensue. For more details, please visit the Facebook Event page.
Posted in Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Director news, Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Line Party, Meet Ups, Music, Other Events, Peter Jackson, Premieres, soundtrack, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
If you loved the drawing of Young Bilbo from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, then now is the time for you to finally add this to your collection. Young Bilbo is fantastically priced at just US$14.99 and is in-stock, so it will ship to your door right away.
As a part of Weta Workshop’s Advent Calendar this great little art print can now be added to our growing Middle-earth collectibles. You can also, if you haven’t already, enter their contest to win the King Thror on Throne statue, which would be one of the best Christmas presents you could win. Make sure you favorite the Advent Calendar as new items or contests will be announced daily!
Join us in Los Angeles in February at The One Last Party
We’re hosting a Party of Special Magnificence next February — a final toast to all SIX movies, both The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy.
We’re inviting you to join us and make it happen through our Indiegogo campaign — so we can all celebrate Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth movies together!
Visit our campaign page and find out how you can help!
Posted in Artwork, Collectibles, Collectibles, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Ever wondered what some of those Tolkien-inspired video games were like? Join Fili and Kili to sample them. WARNING: This video was filmed by professionals. You should not attempt to anger your sister in Elf Mode at home without another Elf being present.
Posted in Fans, Happy Hobbit, LEGO, Lord of the Rings, Merchandise, The Hobbit, Tolkien, Video games
With all the holiday craziness that comes as we hit the holiday season you may have missed a brand-new item from our friends at Weta Workshop that went up for order on Black Friday. King Thror was one of the show stealers from Comic-Con this past July and now fans can add this to their collections.
The King is on sale through tomorrow night for a $50 discount taking him to $299, which is a great price for such a beautiful piece. If you wait and order him after Sunday at midnight then he goes back to his normal retail price of $349, and no matter the price you pay he is an in-stock item so you should have a King ready to show off when you have family/friends over for the Christmas. (more…)
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Events, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Have you finished all of your Christmas shopping yet? Or are you yet to start? If you’re like us, you’ll definitely have a few more things on your list and what better way to complete the task than buying some Hobbity presents. TORn’s staffers deej, Elessar and Kelvarhin scoured the internet to find the perfect presents to celebrate the holidays and the release of “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” and we were astounded by how many wonderful choices there are. So, without further ado, here are some lovely gift suggestions for your favourite Hobbit fan (even if that happens to be you). Prices are in U.S. dollars, except the Golden Smaug Pop Figurine and the presentation pack of stamps.
Posted in Books Publications, Calendars, Collectibles, DVDs, Headlines, Merchandise, Music, Other Merchandise, Posters Prints, Sideshow Collectibles, Toys, Weta Collectibles
Peter Jackson is the editor for the new, upcoming issue of Empire which is being released next week.
“Empire likes movies, and for that reason I have always liked Empire. As Editor-In-Chief for this issue, it’s certainly been an interesting experience — signing off pages and approving photo shoots for Empire, at the same time as I’m signing off visual effects shots and approving sound mixes for The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies.
Coming to the end of such an unexpected, unforgettable journey fills me with a mixture of pride, relief, sadness, fun and satisfaction. Middle-earth is such a fascinating, rich world to explore and one that never leaves you, even if you leave it.”
Posted in Books Publications, Collectibles, Director news, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Peter Jackson, Richard Armitage, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Earlier today, the music video for “The Last Goodbye”, the end credits song for the last chapter in The Hobbit Trilogy, premiered exclusively on EW.com.
As much a farewell to Peter Jackson’s entire Middle-earth filmography as the Hobbit films themselves, the video features our beloved Mr. Boyd singing his wonderful tune to images of the entire saga.
Including footage ranging from the incredibly familiar to the previously unseen, the music video is a beautiful reminder of the journey we’ve all been on and a celebration of everything the cast and crews from both trilogies have accomplished. (more…)
Posted in Billy Boyd, Headlines, J.R.R. Tolkien, LotR Movies, MGM, Miscellaneous, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers, Music, New Line Cinema, Peter Jackson, soundtrack, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Warner Bros.
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) announces the FREE Power of Defiance bundle including the new Lithariel character skin, Challenge Mode and Epic Rune for acclaimed action game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. The Power of Defiance bundle will be available via a free content update today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam.
Posted in Gaming, Merchandise, Video games
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) today released video game Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The critically-acclaimed game, recently released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Steam, is being hailed for its innovative Nemesis System, which allows each player to orchestrate their unique plan of attack on Sauron’s forces and create their own personal nemesis.
Posted in Gaming, Headlines, Merchandise, Video games
Warner Bros. has chosen its official Opening Date shirts for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Check them out below.
Also, TheOneRing.net readers can get free shipping on these shirts today between 10am PT/1pm ET and 3pm PT/6pm ET. Just click here, or on the image below. (more…)
Posted in Clothing, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Our staff have been doing a little bit of digging through the various movie tie-in books that have just been released for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies and have come up with a few more nuggets of gold to keep us all thinking.
Posted in Books Publications, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies