Last August, TORn Staffer Justin posted a list of cast members who tweet. In the spirit of festive greetings, we thought we’d reshare - and update – that list.Posted in Adam Brown, Billy Boyd, Billy Connolly, Dean O'Gorman, Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood, Evangeline Lilly, Fans, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Ian McKellen, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Lord of the Rings, LotR Cast News, LotR Movies, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Ryan Gage, Sean Astin, Stephen Fry, Stephen Hunter, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien, Tolkien Family
Archive for the ‘Luke Evans’ Category
Since this is full of conjecture for the next film, consider it wall to wall spoilers!!!
Here is a list of all the things we are looking forward to seeing in ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’ next December. Since there are so many changes, additions and enhancements in the films, we can only know the broad strokes of what is to come with the details up for grabs. That means this list will mostly be based on events that occur in ‘The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’ and the questions and actions they leave open heading into ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’
And now we begin the Spoiler filled guesswork portion of this article.
1) Legolas catching up to Bolg. Nobody, but nobody gives Leggy a bloody nose and lives.
2) Smaug’s attack on Lake-town will be epic! Bard’s response will be equally epic!
3) What exactly does it take to pry Thranduil out of Mirkwood and enter the fray? Could it be a true desire to assist the Men of Lake-town in their hour of need? Or will it be his desire to recover the missing elven gems? Or will it be a more personal desire to find and bring back Legolas and Tauriel who are missing and presumed to be in the middle of the fight already?
4) How will an injured Kili and the rest of the dwarves get out of the way of an approaching Dragon? And what about Bard’s kids?
5) Who springs Bard out of prison? Will it be Tauriel, Bofur and Fili, or might it be his son, Bain?
6) What becomes of Tauriel? Does she stay with the Dwarves and Bard’s kids or does she try to catch up to Legolas?
7) How does Gandalf get out of his pickle?
8) Radagast went to inform Galadriel of what was happening at Dol Guldur, will she go to War? Who else might come with her? Will Saruman join in or drag his feet?
9) Does Bilbo have the Arkenstone already? If not, how will things play out in Erebor while Smaug is away? And how does the Company find out about Smaug’s fate and how long does that take?
10) Is that big Orc army we see marching through Dol Guldur going to be present when the White Council shows up? Or is the army headed towards Erebor, leaving Dol Guldur rather defenseless when the White Council does show up to spring Gandalf?
11) When will Beorn decide to jump into the fray and how many dead orcs does he leave in his wake?
12) Will we see an auction beginning at Bag End with Lobelia stashing silverware into her bodice?Posted in Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Hobbit Movie, James Nesbitt, John Bell, Lawrence Makoare, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Martin Freeman, Mary Nesbit, Mikael Persbrandt, Peggy Nesbit, Richard Armitage, Sylvester McCoy, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: There and Back Again
Additional characters aside, as they were all known before going in so they can’t be a surprise anyhow, here is a list of things that have surprised audiences in ‘The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’ this past week since the film’s release.
1) Legolas got a bloody nose, which seemed to surprise him almost as much as it surprised the audience. He’s never been wobbly in a battle before, not sure if that is going to make him more cautious or not as he chases after Bolg, the one who inflicted the injury.
2) Smaug seems surprisingly well informed. He knew that Thorin had earned the nickname of Oakenshield while out in Middle-earth after the fall of Erebor. Smaug also seems fully aware that a Dark Power is rising and that there is an impending war coming. Now if we can just figure out who is feeding him this intel.
3) A Wind Lance, really? Not a standard Long Bow? How disappointing, although it is wicked cool looking and realistically makes more sense, it is not the image most fans were expecting from Bard the Bowman.
4) So Kili gets injured and is left behind in Lake-town, along with 3 other Dwarves. Wow! the Breaking of the Company. The fact he was injured by a Morgul bladed arrow was also a surprise.
5) The Orcs were chasing the Dwarves down the river and fighting the Elves in full sunlight? What’s up with that?
6) The other surprising bit with Smaug is that he could sense the Ring’s presence and by force of will convince Bilbo to take the Ring off. Yipes! It’s a power similar to that of the Nazgul.
7) Back to Bree we go, and this time the guy sitting in the corner is actually dangerous, and that dude munching on a carrot is back.
8) The Spiders did speak, but only Bilbo can hear them when he wears the Ring. Well, except for when he took the Ring off and stabbed that one spider, who then says “it stings” before dying, giving Sting it’s name. So the Spider’s speaking was a surprise, and the way it was handled was a surprise, but there is at least one inconsistency to this plot device. Does anyone care about that? Probably not, cause the spiders were creepy as all heck.
9) Gandalf entering Dol Guldur alone, first facing Azog and having to resort to trickery to get away, and then the big face off with the Necromancer, who reveals himself fully to Gandalf. The endless emptiness that is Sauron is epic.
10) While not surprised that the molten hot gold did not seem to injure Smaug, the most surprising bit in that whole sequence was just how transfixed Smaug was when the Golden Dwarf statue was revealed. He looked like an animal caught in a Cobra’s stare, which is probably the reverse of what Smaug normally encounters.Posted in Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean O'Gorman, Fans, Film Screenings, Hobbit Movie, James Nesbitt, Lawrence Makoare, Luke Evans, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
BEVERLY HILLS – As “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” opens around (most) of the world, we continue or video conversations with its stars. This round has Luke Evans talking about Bard the Bowman and his character’s city of Lake-Town and Benedict Cumberbatch explaining Smaug and his take on the massive creature. TheOneRing.net had a chance to briefly sit down with both actors on the morning of the world premiere. Evans wouldn’t say it on camera but he was not feeling well but soldiered on all the same. Thanks to both for insightful answers. EnjoyPosted in Benedict Cumberbatch, Characters, Director news, Events, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Locations Sets, Luke Evans, Peter Jackson, Premieres, Press Conferences, Production, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Join Happy Hobbit’s Fili and Kili as TheOneRing.net’s official representatives on the black carpet of the Word Premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, held on December 2, 2013 in Hollywood. You’ll also get a glimpse of Air New Zealand’s new Smaug plane, find out what goes on behind the scenes as press, and of course, hear a little about TORn’s latest moot (or gathering, for those who don’t speak Entish!).
Fili, Dis, Thorin, and Kili. Durin family photo! At the moot.
The “other” Fili and Kili are Happy Hobbits!
On the black carpet!
Kili and Fili and Kili and Fili!
This Kili and Fili love Azog!
Evie gives some Happy Hobbit love.
Dean recognizes Fili, making her a very happy hobbit!
Bofur (Justin): the unsung hero! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!Posted in Aidan Turner, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Lord of the Rings, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Martin Freeman, Premieres, Ryan Gage, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien, Uncategorized, William Kircher
While watching the live stream of the Berlin premiere, which is still running right now at Berlin Premiere Live Stream Luke Evans confirmed that he played Bard’s own ancestor, Girion of Dale. He only had to spend one day in costume, but as you can see from this image, that costume was very elaborate and heavy, similar to what the dwarves had to wear all the time. Luke said he was glad he only had to put on this heavy costume just the one day, but really loved playing his ancestor to bring that history to life.Posted in Barlimans, Characters, Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Luke Evans, Meet Ups, Premieres, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
This is a word-for-word transcription of a press conference held for “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” in a hotel in Los Angeles after the World Premiere of the film. Seated were: Philippa Boyens, Benedict Cumberbatch, Richard Armitage, Peter Jackson, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Aidan Turner and Dean O’Gorman.
Press were given microphones by moderators. Although TheOneRing.net attended, for which we thank Warner Bros., we did not have a chance to ask a question to the assembled group; we apologize for some that did. Transcribed by Twitter staffer @Saoirse_Loachlann (more…)Posted in Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Characters, Crew News, Dean O'Gorman, Director news, Evangeline Lilly, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit Movie FAQ, J.R.R. Tolkien, Luke Evans, Martin Freeman, New Zealand, Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Richard Armitage, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien
Experience ‘Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’ red carpet with TORn; interviews with Martin, Lilly, Dean, Aidan and more!
LOS ANGELES — TheOneRing.net covered all kinds of events this week surrounding the World Premiere of “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.” None was more exciting than the film’s red (black) carpet experience where the stars can greet fans and walk the press line to talk about the film.
Many clips end up on news and entertainment websites but we bring you an edited version with our own Happy Hobbits behind the microphones and in front of the stars including Martin Freeman, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, William Kircher, Dean O’Gorman, Aidan Turner, Philippa Boyens, Manu Bennett, Ryan Gage, Sean Astin, Ed Sheeran and the already-famous pinch from Benedict Cumberbatch.Posted in Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Crew News, Dean O'Gorman, Ed Sheeran, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Headlines, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Joe Letteri, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Martin Freeman, Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Premieres, Ryan Gage, Sean Astin, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, TheOneRing.net Community, William Kircher
Premiere coverage, clips, and Q&As not enough for you? Well, you’re in luck. Peter Jackson has updated his Facebook page with the latest Production Diary — picking up from where the last one left off, with pick-up shoots and post production. This time around, we get a great look at Smaug’s lair (look out for a new teasing shot of the great dragon himself!) and Lake-town (including Stephen Fry’s The Master). (more…)Posted in Crew News, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Howard Shore, Locations Sets, Luke Evans, Mark Hadlow, Martin Freeman, MGM, Miscellaneous, New Line Cinema, Peter Jackson, Premieres, Production, Ryan Gage, Stephen Fry, The Hobbit, Warner Bros., WETA Digital
Interviews will play later in the week via video but we need your questions right away, in the next 12 hours.
So, in the comment section at the end of this story, its your chance to submit a question. We will take the best one for each of the actors we interview and ask!
Please specify below which of these actors your question is for, in no particular order:
Dan Hennah (Academy Award nominee for ‘Hobbit’ production designer)
WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Ever wonder what you gave Luke Evans for his birthday? Few realized it, but the staff and readers of TheOneRing.net gave him a present back in April of 2011.
Evans celebrated his 32nd year with a party at Gas Works, a bar and grill just walking distance from Stone Street Studios, the movie lot where Peter Jackson makes movies, including the forthcoming “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.”
In the mess tent of that set, on the white refrigerator that holds cream and milk and sundry items, near the always playing iPod, there hung a solicitation for all eyes to see: An open invitation from Luke Evans to celebrate his birthday on a Saturday night. (Regrettably I didn’t take a photo of the fridge.) The invitation was right there in perhaps the most trafficked spot on the lot, available for all, specified for none.
Are on-set reporters invited to cast and crew events? Advised by somebody from costume that it was absolutely okay (Jasmine I think, a real favorite), I decided to go only if could find a suitable gift from all of us, readers and staff of TORn. What would you buy an actor on behalf of the largest online Tolkien community? What does a guy making a living acting in New Zealand and away from home really want or need anyway? (more…)Posted in Character Q&A, Characters, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit Movie FAQ, J.R.R. Tolkien, James Nesbitt, John Bell, Locations Sets, Luke Evans, Mary Nesbit, MrCere in New Zealand, Peggy Nesbit, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien
We have a slew of new pictures from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug for your viewing pleasure today, courtesy of Empire Online, Digital Spy, Mirror.co.uk, & Sky Movies. Thanks to Sander Postema for sending in the links!
These latest images give us a look at Bilbo, Gandalf, the dwarves, Bard and the Master of Laketown (more…)Posted in Aidan Turner, Dean O'Gorman, Hobbit Movie, Ian McKellen, James Nesbitt, John Callen, Ken Stott, Luke Evans, Mark Hadlow, Martin Freeman, MGM, Miscellaneous, New Line Cinema, Peter Hambleton, Peter Jackson, Richard Armitage, Stephen Fry, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Warner Bros., William Kircher