Last August, TORn Staffer Justin posted a list of cast members who tweet. In the spirit of festive greetings, we thought we’d reshare – and update – that list.Posted in Adam Brown, Billy Boyd, Billy Connolly, Dean O'Gorman, Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood, Evangeline Lilly, Fans, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Ian McKellen, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Lord of the Rings, LotR Cast News, LotR Movies, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Ryan Gage, Sean Astin, Stephen Fry, Stephen Hunter, The Hobbit, TheOneRing.net Community, Tolkien, Tolkien Family
Archive for the ‘John Bell’ Category
Since this is full of conjecture for the next film, consider it wall to wall spoilers!!!
Here is a list of all the things we are looking forward to seeing in ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’ next December. Since there are so many changes, additions and enhancements in the films, we can only know the broad strokes of what is to come with the details up for grabs. That means this list will mostly be based on events that occur in ‘The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’ and the questions and actions they leave open heading into ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’
And now we begin the Spoiler filled guesswork portion of this article.
1) Legolas catching up to Bolg. Nobody, but nobody gives Leggy a bloody nose and lives.
2) Smaug’s attack on Lake-town will be epic! Bard’s response will be equally epic!
3) What exactly does it take to pry Thranduil out of Mirkwood and enter the fray? Could it be a true desire to assist the Men of Lake-town in their hour of need? Or will it be his desire to recover the missing elven gems? Or will it be a more personal desire to find and bring back Legolas and Tauriel who are missing and presumed to be in the middle of the fight already?
4) How will an injured Kili and the rest of the dwarves get out of the way of an approaching Dragon? And what about Bard’s kids?
5) Who springs Bard out of prison? Will it be Tauriel, Bofur and Fili, or might it be his son, Bain?
6) What becomes of Tauriel? Does she stay with the Dwarves and Bard’s kids or does she try to catch up to Legolas?
7) How does Gandalf get out of his pickle?
8) Radagast went to inform Galadriel of what was happening at Dol Guldur, will she go to War? Who else might come with her? Will Saruman join in or drag his feet?
9) Does Bilbo have the Arkenstone already? If not, how will things play out in Erebor while Smaug is away? And how does the Company find out about Smaug’s fate and how long does that take?
10) Is that big Orc army we see marching through Dol Guldur going to be present when the White Council shows up? Or is the army headed towards Erebor, leaving Dol Guldur rather defenseless when the White Council does show up to spring Gandalf?
11) When will Beorn decide to jump into the fray and how many dead orcs does he leave in his wake?
12) Will we see an auction beginning at Bag End with Lobelia stashing silverware into her bodice?Posted in Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Hobbit Movie, James Nesbitt, John Bell, Lawrence Makoare, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Martin Freeman, Mary Nesbit, Mikael Persbrandt, Peggy Nesbit, Richard Armitage, Sylvester McCoy, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The Hobbit: There and Back Again
WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Ever wonder what you gave Luke Evans for his birthday? Few realized it, but the staff and readers of TheOneRing.net gave him a present back in April of 2011.
Evans celebrated his 32nd year with a party at Gas Works, a bar and grill just walking distance from Stone Street Studios, the movie lot where Peter Jackson makes movies, including the forthcoming “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.”
In the mess tent of that set, on the white refrigerator that holds cream and milk and sundry items, near the always playing iPod, there hung a solicitation for all eyes to see: An open invitation from Luke Evans to celebrate his birthday on a Saturday night. (Regrettably I didn’t take a photo of the fridge.) The invitation was right there in perhaps the most trafficked spot on the lot, available for all, specified for none.
Are on-set reporters invited to cast and crew events? Advised by somebody from costume that it was absolutely okay (Jasmine I think, a real favorite), I decided to go only if could find a suitable gift from all of us, readers and staff of TORn. What would you buy an actor on behalf of the largest online Tolkien community? What does a guy making a living acting in New Zealand and away from home really want or need anyway? (more…)Posted in Character Q&A, Characters, Headlines, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit Movie FAQ, J.R.R. Tolkien, James Nesbitt, John Bell, Locations Sets, Luke Evans, Mary Nesbit, MrCere in New Zealand, Peggy Nesbit, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien
Itching for a little bit more of The Desolation of Smaug ahead of its December release? These new stills from the film have been up for a couple of days at EW – but in case you missed them, here they are for your viewing pleasure.
There are several new images of our beloved main characters, as well as many new ones joining the cast for the first time – including Bard (with his son Bain in tow), Thranduil, Tauriel, and some very fearsome looking Gundaband Orcs. (more…)Posted in Graham McTavish, Hobbit Movie, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Luke Evans, Mark Hadlow, Martin Freeman, MGM, New Line Cinema, Peter Hambleton, Richard Armitage, Studios, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Uncategorized, Warner Bros.
I can’t recall if this has been previously revealed, but this official synopsis — more complete than the short version currently on The Hobbit website — actually has some really interesting implications if you have a read through and examine who’s listed and (more importantly), who’s not.
As folks observed after the debut of the second Desolation of Smaug trailer, Guillermo del Toro is back in the credits for his work on the screenplay. There’s a co-producer nod for the late Eileen Moran as well. Highlight the space below to read the key omissions, and some fairly hefty spoiler analysis of what those omissions could mean for the movie.
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” the second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien. (more…)Posted in Adam Brown, Aidan Turner, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean O'Gorman, Evangeline Lilly, Fran Walsh, Graham McTavish, Guillermo Del Toro, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit Movie Rumors, Howard Shore, Ian McKellen, James Nesbitt, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Ken Stott, Lawrence Makoare, Lee Pace, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Mark Hadlow, Martin Freeman, Mikael Persbrandt, Peter Hambleton, Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Richard Armitage, Stephen Hunter, Sylvester McCoy, The Hobbit, William Kircher
As you are aware, many Hobbit cast members have their own twitter accounts. After Evangeline Lilly participated in a live Twitter Q&A the other day, we thought it would be a great time to remind you of the official accounts. As far as we know each actor manages their twitter personally, offering a great way to keep up with them. (more…)Posted in Adam Brown, Billy Boyd, Billy Connolly, Conan Stevens, Dean O'Gorman, Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood, Evangeline Lilly, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Ian McKellen, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Luke Evans, Manu Bennett, Mark Hadlow, Sean Astin, Stephen Fry, Stephen Hunter, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, TheOneRing.net Community, WETA Workshop
For those attending Comic-Con, Peter Jackson announced that he will not be sending actors or a sizzle reel to the giant popular culture show this year. However, TheOneRing.net does have a panel to talk about “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” on Thursday, July 18 at 5:30 to 6:30 in room 6A with a seating capacity of around 1,000. We will present our unofficial look at the film and we hope to spring a surprise guest or two at the affair as well. Be warned, there is always a line and never enough seats for TORn’s annual panel so plan ahead with many getting turned away every year. (We will also be selling shirts to keep our website alive financially at the Badali Jewelry booth and the Weta Workshop booth, come see us at both!)
For the rest of the world that doesn’t get to attend the San Diego even anyway, the team behind the scenes on the production presents a brand new production diary complete with what will surely be a new fitness fashion Dwarvercise! It also has some really good looks at the seldom seen storage facilities with the Art Department’s Ra Vincent, a glimpse of Evangeline Lily and Orlando Bloom riding a green creature and plenty of the crew getting the production back into the swing of pick up shooting, currently happening as you read.
The ten-minute diary is below. Enjoy!Posted in Adam Brown, ComicCon, Conventions, Dean O'Gorman, Director news, Evangeline Lilly, Events, Graham McTavish, Hobbit Movie, Jed Brophy, John Bell, John Callen, Lee Pace, Locations Sets, Luke Evans, Mark Hadlow, Orlando Bloom, Peter Jackson, Ra Vincent, Sylvester McCoy, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, William Kircher