Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
TORn staffers Ashlee Rose Scott and Greg Barrett were among TORn’s official photographers for The One Last Party at the Hollywood Post 43 of The American Legion. They took more than 2,500 photos of all the action on the night, but here’s a handful of teasers to tide you over while we sort out the very best.
Also very quickly, on behalf of TheOnering.net, I’d like to again thank all the Indiegogo supporters and sponsors who helped make the party possible. Whether you contributed $1 or $1,000, or even simply told folks about our campaign on social media, this party could not have happened without your belief and backing! We hope everyone who attended had a ball, and that those who weren’t able to make it had fun watching our live stream.
We do still have some Indiegogo perk fulfillment to complete, and for those waiting on perks, we’ll be in touch soon to let you know what’s happening there.
In the meantime, enjoy these great teaser stills from the party!
Posted in Bruce Hopkins, Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, John Bell, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Oscar Parties, Peter Jackson, Sala Baker, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, WETA Digital
Fans got their first glimpse of this prop during NYCC and now you can order this in-stock collectible to add to your collection.
Replicating The Black Arrow that Bard uses to kill Smaug in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is made from metal reinforced fibreglass with a urethane head and vinyl fletching and comes with two urethane hooks for horizontal display, in pride of place, on your wall.
This 1:1 collectibles is limited to just 1500 pieces worldwide and a great price of $199.00
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, Conventions, Events, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, NYCC, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
New York graphic artist “William Puck”, who posts mock Middle-earth travel notices on the New York transit system, has designed one especially in honour of our party! We’re pretty stoked — check it out below.
William has posted hundreds of mock travel advisories across the New York subway over the last couple of years. TheOneRing.net interviewed him a little while back. If you’d like to know more abut his work, you can read our interview here. (more…)
Posted in Creations, Events, Fans, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Community
The countdown is on!
With less than seven hours to go before The One Last Party kicks off at the Hollywood Legion in Hollywood, our staff are at the venue putting the finishing touches on everything. We’re super-excited and looking forward to seeing all our guests, supporters and VIPs there a little later on. (more…)
Posted in Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party
The Movie Ring – Jens Hansen
Jens Hansen – The Ring Maker, is the designer and maker of The Movie Ring, the ring used in the filming of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ trilogies.
They custom make The Movie Ring as seen on the big screen and recreate the world’s most accurate licensed The One Ring replicas.
We are excited to announce that The Movie Ring used in the filming of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Hobbit™ trilogies will be at the event to as part of our photo opportunities. We must see it, my precious!! Learn about The Movie Ring by clicking here.
We are so excited and thankful to Jens Hansen – The Ring Maker for their support of our party and giving fans the unique opportunity to hold The One Ring.
Learn more about The Ring Maker, and choose your own ring for purchase at at theringmaker.co.nz.
Jens Hansen is also on Facebook and Twitter! @the_ringmaker
Posted in Events, Headlines, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Guests at The One Last Party tomorrow night will be able to sample some lovely red or white wines courtesy of Middle-earth Wines.
The Nelson-based vineyard has generously provided its highly regarded Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir wine. (more…)
Posted in Events, Headlines, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
Yesterday our friends at Weta Workshop had a nice surprise for us. The second statue in the relaunched The Lord of the Rings statue line is now available for order.
As you may recall from Comic-Con last year, The Balrog -Demon of Shadow and Flame, as well as Faramir, were on display.
Faramir, a character so many of us have been waiting for, can now be yours to order for $249 at an edition size of only 1000 pieces worldwide.
If you hate waiting like me, then you’ll love that this is also in-stock and ready to ship now!
The likeness and detail on this statue are some of Weta’s best work. Having a chance to add Faramir to your collections will be one you won’t want to miss.
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, David Wenham, Events, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Merchandise, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers, Shop, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
List of some of the Auction and Raffle prizes:
Here are some of the items we will have available for the silent auction and raffle, including something for the Non-Attending Supporters of our Indiegogo campaign. We have some rather big ticket prizes, numerous autographed items, and some original artwork for you, and at least one item offered for a Charity Auction. Everything on this list will be split fairly evenly between the silent auction and the raffle, giving everyone a chance to walk away with something very cool. This is not a complete list, things are still arriving, but it will give you an idea of what you will have a chance to either bid on or try and win in a Chinese style raffle drawing.
Gollum Stained Glass Window – handmade
Prancing Pony Mug – handmade
Green Dragon Mug – handmade
Bilbo’s Teacups – handmade
Mallorn Leaf Serving Plate – handmade
Signed Items -
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King “For Your Consideration” script – signed by numerous LOTR cast and crew
DOS Bilbo Poster – signed by numerous Hobbit cast and crew
DOS Cast Poster – signed by numerous Hobbit cast and crew
TOPPS Autograph Cards – One each for Cate Blanchett, Liv Tyler, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin and Elijah Wood.
Big Ticket Items -
Sideshow Artist Proof of Sauron statue
Sideshow Artis Proof of Galadriel
One note for those of you not attending the party, two of the Signed TOPPS cards, the Sam and Frodo cards, will be raffled off for the Non-Attending supporters during our Live Stream of the party.
Posted in Billy Boyd, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood, Events, Fans, Hobbit Book, Hobbit Movie, Liv Tyler, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Meet Ups, Movie Fellowship of the Ring, Movie Return of the King, Movie The Two Towers, Oscar Parties, Sean Astin, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, The One Last Party
The Shadow of Mordor’s latest DLC, The Bright Lord, is coming out soon, and TORn was lucky enough to have a quick Q&A with Monolith’s Director of Design, Michael de Plater.
Posted in Gaming, Headlines, Merchandise, Other Events, TheOneRing.net Announcements, Tolkien, Video games
Calling all Aussie fans from Queensland and those heading to Queensland this March, you are invited to join the Brisbane Tolkien Fellowship for Tolkien Reading Day 2015.
Posted in Events, Fans, Headlines, TheOneRing.net Announcements, Tolkien, Tolkien Reading Day
Party time is fast approaching!
So over the next few days we’ll be putting out some reminders with key information that all party goers should be aware of to ensure that you’re all set to have a great time.
First up, The One Last Party is Saturday 21st February at the American Legion Hall, Hollywood – in case anyone is still unsure! The party starts at 5.30pm and goes until midnight.
- All tickets are “will-call”. Your Indiegogo email and name are on our list. There are no physical tickets; bring ID and we’ll cross your name off our list.
- Dinner + show check-in: If you are Expected Party Goers, Rivendell Revellers or one of our VIPs, check-in is 5:30-6.30pm. VIPs should head to the left hand side of the building; all other party goers check in at the front!
- Dinner buffet: to avoid anyone having to wait in long lines, we’re dividing this into three groups – ‘Dwarven Feast’, ‘Hobbit Feast’ and ‘Elven Feast’. You’ll receive a dinner ticket at check in – please head to ‘Rohan’ (the dining area) at the time shown on your ticket.
- Further fun and games: be sure to check out everything else going on at the party! We’ll have music, magic, photo opportunities, caricaturists and more!
- Show-only: Entish Entertainment folks, your check-in starts at 8:00pm.
- Live Show: will start at 8.30pm.
- Live stream: is free to watch for everyone! TheOneRing.net/live
- Bring cash. We are operating a cash bar. You can use credit cards, but there’s a $20 minimum. On the plus side, you can run a tab against your credit card if you wish. Don’t forget, you may also want to purchase more raffle tickets – and we will have some amazing silent auction items and goodies for sale in ‘Rivendell’ (our party store).
- Party Store: Credit cards will be accepted in ‘Rivendell’, so no worries about having to carry large sums of cash if you plan to bid on the big items. Cash is a lot easier for the purchase of Raffle tickets, but not a requirement. A list of Auction and Raffle items will be posted very soon. This is also the room where you can claim your shirt and button if you are a Rivendell Reveller, or purchase one if your package does not include those items.
- Attire: Black Tie and Pointy Ears Optional. This means that if you have a Tux, or an Evening Gown, wear it. Pointy Ears Optional refers to costuming, which will be acceptable attire for the event. Please note, expert costuming is required for entry. Please read our FAQ on the topic for more details. NB no jeans, shorts, t-shirts or sneakers.
- Goody Baggins: will be given out at the end of the night! At check in, Expected Party Goers and Rivendell Revellers will receive raffle tickets, drink tickets, dinner ticket and a Goody Bag coupon – which you’ll exchange for your bag as you leave the party.
See you at the party!
[Party SubSite] [Party Specifics] [Entertainers] [Party FAQ] [Raffles & Auctions] [Costuming & Attire] [Sponsors]
Posted in Events, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, TheOneRing.net Community
The OneLastParty is almost upon us, and today we’re very excited and pleased to unveil the delectable items that will be featured at the buffet dinner and bar areas. First, some answers to some of the questions we’ve been getting:
Food fun facts:
- The doors open at 5:30 and the buffet line opens shortly afterwards at 5:45 p.m.
- Dinner service will run until 8:00 p.m. with the show starting around 8:30 p.m.
- Special Dietary needs: the party planners went to great lengths to ensure we could accommodate a number of dietary preferences which are indicated in the notes to the menu. However, if you have a very severe food allergy, you might want to bring something to supplement the buffet offerings. As we’re serving over 500 people, we can’t guarantee that there is absolutely none of a particular ingredient in the food
Bar fun facts:
- Bar areas will feature both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (see pricing below)
- Everyone with tickets that include meals will get two drink tickets at check-in that can be used for two free drinks
- Our friends at Middle-earth Wine are supporting the event, so we will have special Middle-earth wine available at the party! (NB there was a mistake in our post earlier; this wine is available for your drink tickets or to purchase. Unfortunately it will not be free all evening!)
- After your drink tickets have been used, the bars will take cash or credit cards. Credit card purchases have a $20 minimum (if desired, this can be met by opening a tab)
ONE LAST PARTY FOOD MENU
Mixed greens with blackberry balsamic vinaigrette (notes 1, 3)
Butter Lettuce with citrus segments and creamy herb dressing (notes 1, 3)
Roasted potatoes & pearl onions (notes 1, 3)
Buttered peas (notes 1, 3)
Chicken breast with wild mushroom sauce
Pork tenderloin with apple chutney (note 3)
Vegetarian option: Portobello mushroom stacks with eggplant, squash and sun-dried tomato sauce (notes 1, 2, 3)
Baked apples with Cinnamon caramel (notes 1, 3)
Blackberry tart with whipped cream (note 1)
Food notes: (1) Vegetarian, (2) Vegan, (3) Free of large amounts of gluten
ONE LAST PARTY BAR MENU & PRICING:
$3 Juices & sodas
$5 Red Bull
$6 Assorted Beers
$6 Assorted Wines
$11 Cocktails (includes a wonderful selection of Middle-earth themed drinks)
Posted in Events, Fans, Meet Ups, Merchandise, Oscar Parties, Other Merchandise, The One Last Party