Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
Should you find yourself in Los Angeles next week and the week after, there will be plenty of Hobbity goodness to go around. And if you are not in LA, a few of the events will be covered so that you don’t miss any of the fun.
1) First up on Monday, December 8 with Peter Jackson receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. This will begin at 11:30am and run till about 12:15pm. The Walk of Fame website will be live streaming the ceremony, which means everyone can enjoy it even if you can’t be here with us. For those who do decide to attend, TORn will be hosting a lunch moot at the Cabo Wabo Cantina inside the Hollywood and Highland complex. The Star Ceremonies are open to the public, but they do not allow chairs or step ladders or anything that would impede walking. The ceremony lasts for about 45 minutes once it is started and they expect everyone to clear out once it is over in order to reopen the sidewalk. Peter’s star is slated to be outside the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Blvd, so you can park in the Hollywood and Highland Complex. If you wish to attend you can check out our Facebook Event Page. Andy Serkis will be speaking during the ceremony and numerous other cast are scheduled to appear.
2) The Hollywood premiere for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies will take place inside the Dolby Theater on Tuesday, December 9. The Red Carpet starts at 5pm, so do try and arrive before then. Last year’s Hollywood premiere was more of a press event and not very fan friendly, so just go into this with eyes open. Arrive early, bring lots of patience with you, be prepared to stand for a long while, bring water and comfy shoes, and be open to changing locations if security changes protocols 6 times on you. Regardless of what happens on the Red Carpet and with the screening, TORn will again be hosting a little moot in Cabo Wabo Cantina, which will be open until midnight. We do hope that we learn a few helpful hints for the Premiere at the Star Ceremony the day before, so stay tuned to our Facebook Event Page. Numerous cast are slated to attend the premiere.
One helpful suggestion for both events: If you wish to get autographs, make sure to bring with you everything you will need, including a good sharpie pen and the items you want signed. And while large posters or the Chronicles books are lovely items to get signed, you are best bringing something small and easy to carry.
3) Next up on the very busy Hollywood Hobbit tour is Billy Boyd doing a live performance and then CD signing for the new Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on Wednesday, December 10. The event will be at the Barnes and Noble at The Grove, starting at 6pm. This will be a Wristbanded event, and they will begin to hand out those wristbands on Tuesday, December 9 at 9am once the soundtrack officially goes on sale. So, if you will be heading to the Premiere, swing past the Grove, pick up your soundtrack and get a wristband. For more details, please visit our Facebook Event Page for more details.
That’s it for next week, but then the film will be released the week after and our line parties kick into full gear.
4) Marathon Monday at the TCL Chinese theater on Monday, December 15 starting at Noon. This will be the first publicly available screening of the final film, and TORn will be there with Trivia, games and prizes for one and all. Please visit the Facebook Event Page.
5) On Tuesday, December 16 at 7pm, the TCL Chinese will hold their first screening of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX HFR 3D. More fun and games will ensue. For more details, please visit the Facebook Event page.
Posted in Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Director news, Events, Fans, Film Screenings, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Line Party, Meet Ups, Music, Other Events, Peter Jackson, Premieres, soundtrack, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
For the previous Hobbit films TheOneRing.net attended press conferences and brought you coverage the best we could. For the last film “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” we delivered this transcript. Oh but now, here it all is on video!
Posted in Andy Serkis, Evangeline Lilly, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Ian McKellen, J.R.R. Tolkien, Lee Pace, LotR Movies, Luke Evans, Martin Freeman, Media Reviews, Orlando Bloom, Premieres, Press Conferences, Richard Armitage, Ryan Gage, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Tolkien
Since we’re all still waiting, here are a few more fun ways to pass the time, including The One Last Party!
Posted in Fans, Happy Hobbit, Oscar Parties, The One Last Party
As the lead up to this year’s One Last Party, we will be featuring images and stories from Oscar Parties past.
When “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” was first released, this staffer hosted a Line Party at the Irvine Spectrum 21 theaters, which is about an hour south of Hollywood. I had made friends with the manager the previous year during the Line Party events then, so for this second year we got even more ambitious and hosted trivia contests, a costume parade and even a blood drive. I was also able to secure the large movie banner that hung over their box office, which they had delivered to my home on mid-January. This banner measured some 50′ wide and 30′ tall and was quite bulky and heavy when folded up and presented to me. These types of banners are made by a company that custom fit them to the theater requirements and then installs them and later uninstalls them. Usually, they are professional disposed of, but in this case, I got it.
TheA month later while we are figuring out our decor for the Two Towers, One Party, we decided this banner would make for a great back drop on the stage, and that is exactly what we did with it. We had that party in the historic Hollywood Athletic Club, which had a wonderful oval room with a balcony level ideal for hanging a banner from.
The banner made a perfect backdrop, except for one problem. It was a solid canvas that did not allow for anyone to pass from backstage to onstage. So, we had to slice two 6′ slits on either side to allow for techies, guests and performers to get on and off the stage. During the party, we hosted a silent auction and one of the items was this banner. A very lucky person got to take it home the next day, after we figured out how to get it down without killing anyone. Like I said, this was not a light item to work with.
There are now 28 days left in our campaign to host a last big hurrah, The One Last Party: There and Back Again. In just the three days since the campaign started, we have already met 19% of our goal, and have received 3 pledges in the various VIP levels, leaving just 7 others for you to pick up. We’ve also taken 17 of the available 50 ‘Smaug’s Treasure’ which is actually one of the exclusive Goody Bag(gins) full of all the same sponsor items that will be handed out at the party to attendees. Please check out all of our Supporter perks, no level of support is too small. Please visit our Indiegogo campaign page for more details on how you can help make this party happen.
The One Last Party: There and Back Again.
Posted in Events, Fans, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, Meet Ups, Movie The Two Towers, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The One Last Party, The One Last Party
It’s that time of the year again…
Following the World Premiere of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, reviews have begun pouring in – and here we have two from Variety and Empire. (more…)
Posted in Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Freeman, MGM, Miscellaneous, New Line Cinema, Peter Jackson, Premieres, Richard Armitage, The Hobbit, Tolkien, Warner Bros.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies has its world premiere in London today. The last of Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth films is nearly here. And so begins the end of the epic journey – mission – quest – thing – we have all been on together.
But fear not! We have no intention of letting these films sail into the West without a fanfare! So get ready to celebrate at The One Last Party – There and Back Again: a Party of Special Magnificence, a final toast to all SIX movies, both The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy.
This will be on Saturday 21st Feb 2015 – the day BEFORE the Oscars – at a venue in Los Angeles, TBA. There will be music, food, drink, entertainment (from William Kircher’s band The California Dreamers, celtic musicians Emerald Rose, and more) and all kinds of fun! But here’s the thing… (more…)
Posted in Adam Brown, Billy Boyd, Events, Fans, Graham McTavish, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Lord of the Rings, LotR Movies, Manu Bennett, Meet Ups, Oscar Parties, The Hobbit, The One Last Party, TheOneRing.net Announcements, William Kircher
Today is the big day!
The world premiere of The Hobbit: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies red carpet event in London begin from 5.15pm (GMT) and will go until around 7.30pm.
You can check when that is in your time zone right here, or refer to our cheat table just below. (more…)
Posted in Barliman News, Barlimans, Events, Fans, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Here’s the transcript of an interview with Graham McTavish conducted with TheOneRing.net and a handful of other reporters on the set of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
Posted in Graham McTavish, Headlines, Hobbit Cast News, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Premieres, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, TheOneRing.net Announcements
The date is almost upon us, when we open up our Pre-Oscar Party support campaign, which includes tickets to attend ‘The One Last Party: There and Back Again” on Saturday, February 21, 2015. The Campaign will be going live tomorrow on Indiegogo and will include numerous levels of support, including cost saving levels for those who can’t attend but would still like to support TheOneRing.net as we say One Last Goodbye to all things Middle-earth on the big screen.
In the first of a series of Scrapbook articles, we will be looking at brief moments from previous parties, some from the planning phase, the production phase, or reviews from fellow fans who have attended. While digging through some of our old photos, I came across something a little different. This was a story written in a small town paper by a woman who had decided to try and attend our Return of the One Party in 2004 and conveys her excitement at the prospect. With the tickets and support page opening up tomorrow, this seemed a very appropriate Scrapbook reminder. You can read her story from this below.
Posted in Events, Fans, Lord of the Rings, Meet Ups, Movie Return of the King, Old Oscar Party News, Oscar Parties, Return of the King, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, The One Last Party, The One Last Party, Tolkien
With all the holiday craziness that comes as we hit the holiday season you may have missed a brand-new item from our friends at Weta Workshop that went up for order on Black Friday. King Thror was one of the show stealers from Comic-Con this past July and now fans can add this to their collections.
The King is on sale through tomorrow night for a $50 discount taking him to $299, which is a great price for such a beautiful piece. If you wait and order him after Sunday at midnight then he goes back to his normal retail price of $349, and no matter the price you pay he is an in-stock item so you should have a King ready to show off when you have family/friends over for the Christmas. (more…)
Posted in Collectibles, Collectibles, ComicCon, Conventions, Events, Hobbit Movie, Merchandise, Shop, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Weta Collectibles, WETA Workshop
Ringer White Raven writes to us with this little snippet of some activity going on at the Roxy Theatre in Wellington where the NZ premiere of the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies will occur on December 2 at 8.30am. (more…)
Posted in Crew News, Events, Fans, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Premieres, Production, Richard Taylor, Rumors Spy News, The Hobbit, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Wellington
The World Premiere for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is approaching fast. For those who will be in London on December 1, here’s Warner Bros. instructions on how you can secure the best possible access and views of the red carpet in Leicester Square.
The first thing to note is that that you’ll probably need to get a wristband. As Warner Bros says: “There will be no guaranteed access to the public viewing area without a wristband.” (more…)
Posted in Events, Fans, Headlines, Hobbit Movie, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Premieres, The Hobbit, Wellington