Hobbit Hideaway Recognised
The former North Oxford home of writer and academic J R R Tolkien will soon be adorned with one of the first blue plaques in the county to commemorate famous names who have lived and worked in Oxfordshire.
The former Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon, perhaps best known as author of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, lived at 20 Northmoor Road between 1930 and 1947. [More]
Thanks to Elwen for the tip!Posted in Old Main News on September 30, 2001 by xoanon